Where's all the shroom talk I usually see on the forums?

Discussion in 'The Lodge' started by Fishman, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Havn't found a darn one this entire season. Hopefully after this rain we get tomorrow/saturday they'll start popping up. Going to go hunt a virgin 400 acres in Indiana. Any tips honestly? I havn't found a single shoom since I've moved to the Cinci area!!

2. BigSteve

BigSteve Member

Check the bucks and does forum,there's acouple of guys that have found quite afew already and some were from the cinci area.

3. The've been up in southern Ohio for a couple weeks. Just started up north. We need rain badly up here. This weekend should take care of that. keep looking, find some ash & poplar woods & cover some ground, but slowly. Most people walk right past them. Good luck.

4. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Thanks Bluefin, I usually work the low lands, primarily elms and box elders I'll try someting new this weekend.

5. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

i was out today.hit tar hollow and didn't do too bad.i ended up with about 70.
    funny thing,most were blacks that were still pretty fresh.most of the grays and whites i found were pretty small,just poking through the leaves.
    i used the grays and whites on a home made pizza(sweet italian sausage,sweet red bell pepper,provolone cheese and gray and white shrooms!!) tonight.the rest get fried tomorrow evening.
    we do need some rain though!
    i'll put a couple of pics up on saturday.i too bushed to download and re-size them right now!!

6. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

There's a little bit of rain that we needed. Can't wait to get out tomorrow and stomp around the woods a while... keeping my fingers crossed!

7. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

not many but it's a start.i sure hope that the trip to michigan is a good one this year.[​IMG][​IMG]

8. Aren't most of those tall ones with the dark caps in the bowl half-free morels?? AKA Peckerheads??

9. the tall ones with only a small head is aka a P*****head. I went out for about an hour today and found 30 or so P heads and grays. The grays were small just starting to pop. This was around the Columbus area.

10. Found quite a few p-heads today. A lot of them were just popping through the leaves. Hoping this rain and warm weather will make em all pop up here soon.