Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been able to find any crappie or gill at East, Turkeyfoot, Rex or Mud lakes in the last week. Any general locations and baits would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I was at East last week, caught redears and gills all over the lake, especially in 12 to 19 foot of water. They are there.

Rich

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Guppy, are they suspending or following the bottom and structure? What kind of bait were you using?

Huntinbull

·
Registered
114 Posts
Was out at Turkeyfoot this morning ( 6/16/07 ) caught more bluegills and redears than we could count , kept 25 big ones for the fryer , waxworms and maggots in the deep weeds 7 to 12 feet deep also caught 2 channel cats. Nice day to be out, but around 11:00am that lake sure does get crazy on the weekend

·
TeamOGF
6,989 Posts
Good job Big E, were you on the swim beach side or the speed zone side? :B

You were fishing on the bottom?

·
Registered
114 Posts
We were on the speed zone side, not on the bottom but very close. Used a white pin-min ant with a bobber no split shot just let it drift down slowly.

·
TeamOGF
6,989 Posts
Thanks Big E. ;) :B

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Mine were suspended, fished the speed zone sign side and also along turkeyfoot road, used Gulp redworms and maggots.

Rich

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the tips. I'll give them a try and hopefully my 7 year old will have faith in me again.

·
TeamOGF
6,989 Posts
I hope you find them APD. :B

1 - 10 of 10 Posts