close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

where, when, and what to get the fish on near or in Findlay.

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by elipatt, Aug 9, 2008.

1. elipatt

elipatt never catch anything

Me and My wife have been fishing a lot lately. We have gotten skunked quite a bit of times. We Love to catch pritty much anything except bull head, and smallies. Can anyone help us. We shore fish and usually don't have any luck. We would like to know where the fish are these days around and in the findlay area. What is the best times to go and what should we use?

2. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

During the dogs days, when I can't get on Erie, I fish for catfish. They are feeding shallow, like shoreline cover and you can catch the heck out of them. I fish usually at dusk until after dark. I look for channel edges close to shore or logs and down trees. I put 'crawlers or livers about 2 feet under a stick bobber with a lightstick attached. (You can use small zip ties or the rod 'n bobs come with rubber tubing.) I like a 1/0 or 2/0 Kahle style hook, but any style will work. Toss it in and wait for the bites. The bigger cats will grab it and run. It's either a whole lot of fun or a nice night to enjoy the stars if they're not biting. Hope this offers you an alternative. Good luck!

3. elipatt

elipatt never catch anything

Thank you, me and the wife were bored yesterday so we went out fishing. Gor 4 cats about 14 each in res 1 in fostoria. We used liver two foot down like you suggested. Worked great. Thank you again.

4. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

Glad it worked! Always fun to tie into a few.