Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Lucky Fisher, or skilled?
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put this in the Muskie fishing Forum. but not sure on how many people look at the Forum.

Never muskie fished. But would like to, my dad has always wanted to catch one. i think it will be fun, i know the general lures that you use but need help in that area as far as colors and everything else lol. Have no clue on how or when to catch them. lol if their anything like Bass i will be great lol, i know their not.
So any tips of any kind Please tell. i am a NOOB to this type of fishing.
What cover do they like and where should i fish for them. i have heard Alum. not asking for Honey Hole just body of water.
We have a small john boat (no motor) so bank fishing info would be of better use, but any info bank or boat would be great.
This will all be very apreasiated, Thanks.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Your best bet is to fish Alum spillway and use some Huskey Jerks and other long rapala lures. Be careful, those rocks like to eat your lures up.

You might want to try for some S-eye at the spillway too, I lost a nice one there last week.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
From your screen name, you must be a Bass Fisher. In my opinion, take your heaviest bass rod, Flippen stick for example, get a package of 20# leaders,10" to 12", go to any lake near you that has a good musky population, and fish as if you are fishing for bass. Spinner baits, buzz baits, big plastics, chrome and blue lipless crank baits, will all catch the toothy ones. In the Spring the bass fishers do as well as those of us that pursue Muskies, with the leaders you will not get bit off. Also, at boatside, leave them in the water as much as possible, remove the hooks, have cutters handy just in case you need them, snap a pic, and hopefully have a quick release. Good Luck!! It is a thrill!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts