Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was very surprised to have the north end virtually to ourselves this morning. Went looking for crappie and found them early. Fish moved south and a little more shallow later in the morning. Not as many fish as last weekend but better quality. 13 keepers and only a few small ones tossed back. Didn't catch any white bass this time but did see the gulls charging in on some baitfish being chased at the surface. Thinking it might have been the start of a boil.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice job tv! I havent done that well at Hoover all year, most ive got was 4 keepers. I decided to go wade the Kokosing and ended up with just a few rock bass. The weather sure was nice though.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's two weekends in a row we've done pretty well there and I haven't fished the lake since May. It seems like they're starting pretty good, and I figured with the Holiday folks would be out in force, unless they showed up after we left at 10:30ish. Hoping to get out and try my luck with the eyes there soon. Never fished that lake for eyes, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There are a lot of humps n dropoffs in Hoover you can find with a depth finder. That is what we usually look for in my cousins boat. I have no depth finder in my boat so i usually drift. Ive found that the saugeyes in Hoover are kinda like Erie walleyes theyll be in the deep water but suspended 10 or 20 feet off the bottom. Then again I havent had much luck up there this year so I dont know how much value my 2 cents actually have.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 4 of 4 Posts