Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I got lucky and my plant shut down for the rest of the week. I'm guessing "bula" means ashtabula. Where are some good places to launch the boat out of up there. I've never launched east of geneva and wanna give my buddy a awsome walleye trip, since he counldn't go with me when we were wackin them in cleveland. I've tried to look at satalite images to find ramps but can't really key into any. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
What size boat do you have? A small boat can launch at Lake Shore in the city park. With a larger boat you should launch at Kister's Marina or ARU. ARU is a 20 minute boat ride out the river though...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a 19' aluminum so not too worried about shallow water, I'm guessing the river you guys are talking about is coneaut?

·
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jeez, I must be going blind at my old age of 32. Just looked again at the map and saw the harbor. Thanks for the info guys!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Most say that the loss of sight offsets the result of what you look like as you grow old. With your boat the ARU would be fine unless a weekend. I will take the ride up the river vs the odds of every boater knowing how to load anyday. The bridge is high enough you don't have to wait for it to go up.

·
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't even get me started on loading morons. I usually launch out rocky river, while most of the boaters are good, my favorite is the Kayakers who decide to unload the kayaks in the recover lane. (the lane you pull up to just to get the trailer straight before you back it in the water) AND THE STUPID THING IS THEY HAVE A KAYAK LAUNCH AREA THAT RR MADE. Arrr! time to drink a beer and prep the boat!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.