Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be in Bedford Springs (90 min SE of the city)on Wednesday with a few hours to burn and near Bridgeville (30 min S of the city) on Thursday. The fly rods will be going with me so I was wondering if anyone knew some good streams to hit in the area and what flies to try?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I'm not familiar with anything SE of Pittsburgh, but you're not actually in a bad area. Look at the maps and lists on the PFBC website(http://www.fish.state.pa.us/mpag1.htm) and check out some of the special regs streams near where you're going or better yet maybe check out some "Class A" streams". Just keep an eye on the water temps. All the regular "approved trout waters" might not have many stockies left, but some of the special regs streams might. The Class A streams around there mostly have wild brookies but there's actually a few in that area that have wild bows also. You also got the Youghiogheny River which is good for trout, smallmouths, and rafters.

I know of a bunch of places in between Mentor and Pittsburgh, but your trout options are limited this time of year. Good warmwater fishin though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts