Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going up with my uncle tomorrow-Saturday. He had talked to someone on a bite but was a 10-12 mile ride. Anyone having luck closer? I know vermilion should be producing soon. Casting harnesses

·
Registered
260 Posts
I talked to a guy at huron launch yesterday who said he limited 2 people at the castle. We got our fish but we were out near the weather bouy. 18 mi run. Tagalong
I’m guessing 45005 isn’t out there. Still listed as “recovered for winter 11/29/2019”. It would be helpful if they did a better job of redeploying it as the wind and wave data is useful. If it is, no data is being report on the NOAA website.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Was out where the weather bouy was supposed to be on Friday.Was not there yet.I was wondering if they were even going to deploy it this year.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Probably no need to make a long run. Head out the river and keep an eye to the sonar... you should start seeing them fairly close to shore. We were in 42’ of water. Fished around 24’ when the wind was blowing, 28ish when it wasn’t. Steady pick. Cranks and spoons both worked for us...2.5 to 2.7.
You can turn either way, E or W, there were fish spread out over a large area.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts