Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems to me that most areas are atleast giving up eater size limits, but I would not mind hitin some hogs. If you could launch from anywhere on the lake on fri., where would you go and what depth would you start setting up at? I know where we will probably go, just wanted to see what you guys have to say. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!:D

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
I'm going out of Geneva, because that's near me. Anybody else planning on going out of Geneva/Ashtabula/Conneaut? I'll start around 70' North of Geneva and work towards the southeast based on the wind, until I hit some Walleyes.

Workdog

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,947 Posts
workdog, you got the right idea. we went out of ashtabula yesterday and fished in the 50 to 55 fow range and didnt get one walleye. plenty of steelhead and everything else. the sametime we left the ramp there was another boat who went northeast past us to deeper water. when we were back at the dock i talked to him and they got 10 eyes and 9 steel. he was in 68 fow. looks like the shallow water walleye fishing is over in the ashtabula area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts