close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where to go around Kits Hill Area

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by litlwolf23, Mar 19, 2005.

1. I am going down to Kits Hill area and would love to get out on the Ohio River for some BIG cats but I have never been on the Ohio. Just wondering if anyone can point me in ANY direction in the area I will be going to. I have the will and equipment but NO knowedge of the Ohio but I have never been there. Thanks ahead of time. Will be down there this spring middle of summer and again in November for hunting.

2. creekwalker

creekwalker Moving water...

Litlwolf23,
    I suspect there are not many people on here who know where Kitts Hill is located :D I am originally from Ironton, so know where you are talking about.

I spent quite a few days fishing an oxbow behind a marina called Captains Cove. It was in Franklin Furnace...about 10 minutes downriver from Ironton. I think it is off of County Road 1 exit off of 52.

There is also the Greenup dam that is a popular spot to fish. It is just a few miles further past Captains Cove. In fact, I think it is the next to last outlet into the river before the dam. I don't have a lot of info on the dam, but now that people know where you are talking about, maybe others will chime in :) There are also several posts on here related to the Greenup dam area.

Creekwalker

3. Thank you for the info I have never fished down there and was hoping get out out on the Ohio and now I have some idea where to go. THANK YOU!

4. Ahh, Kitts Hill out on route 141. I agree with creekwalker. Greenup Dam is the place to go. Captains Cove sometimes provides good catting and carping in the spring when the fish come out of the Ohio into the warm shallow part of the cove. There is not as much shore access as there used to be, so you would need a boat to get to the fish. I sure miss Greenup Dam, at times the fishing there is phenomenal.