close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where to get a replacement spool adjuster for baitcasting reel?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by soua0363, Jul 23, 2005.

1. soua0363

soua0363 Master of Nothing

As the title says, where can I get a replacement spool adjuster for my Browning baitcasting reel? Its the little round knob where you turn to loosen or tighten the spool. I went fishing today with my brother and after a while of fishing, he realized the knob was missing. Does Bass Pro carry something like that or do I have to get it from Browning?

2. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Probably Browning. Do a search on the web for them, look up the part number if you kept your papers & box for the reel. If not, you'll need the model number. They may have an 800 number too. Shouldn't be too big a deal to get it. I stepped on a reel once and called Fin Nor about it. I was going to buy a new reel foot, I told them I stepped on it too. He said it was hard to do, etc. Asked me to send it back. They sent it back all repaired for shipping costs.
    You can call Bass Pro too, they might have the number for Browning if you can't find it easy.

3. soua0363

I got the reel from a guy I work with that didnt like it because its a left handed crank so I dont have the paperwork for it. Thanks for the advice. I will try and do a search and see if I can find anything. I was kinda hoping that its like a universal part that other reels of the same size might fit. Oh well, hopefully, I can get it pretty quick to use it.

4. mrfishohio

I think you can reverse the handle from one side to the other too.

5. mrfishohio

Just did a quick search & pulled this.
    http://www.browning.com/faq/detail.asp?ID=35
    And this....If your question still remains unanswered, please call our Consumer Department directly at: 800.333.3288 or 801.876.2711

I'd call them 1st !

6. soua0363

Thank you for the link. I will contact them and see how fast I can get a replacement.