close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where to fish?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by cemotech, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Hey everybody, my son is looking for someplace to go fishing for his spring break.
    He wants warmer weather and wants to catch fish! Any suggestions within a days drive or so of SW Ohio?

Thanks,
    Mike

2. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

Try Pickwick in ALA. or Dale Hollow in TN.
    Pickwick is a longer drive but warmer in march and if you know
    how to fish moving water, easier to catch fish in March.

3. is he bringing a boat? fishing freshwater 4 bass? what does he like? I started a springbreak/winter-shakes camp on the lake for a week springbreak trip 9 years ago. Usually 6 buddies, 3 boats, 3 vehicles, cb radios. lakefront campground with showers, bathroom, electric hookups on campsites. Close to MardiGras too. A few of the guys would leave 4 a day and party at NewOrleans, or 45minutes away we'd head downto fortwaltonbeach. if that kinda thing is his ticket, i have all the info. I'll be doing the 9th annual one tomorrow morning. Now we go to Orlando though. Where we used to go was about a 12 hour drive each way.

4. they allow beer n boose on that campground too. The whole deal usually only costs like 400 bucks depending how often you leave the lake. Me, it's hard to get me off the lake. thete's 3 lakes, all elec only. one is 80acres, the other is a little over a hundred and hurricane lake is 330acres. All three have awesome campgrounds. just south of alabama border in florida panhandle. BlackwaterNationalForrest. It's a safe awesome springbreak.

5. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Lake Wylie on the S. Caroina - N. Carolina border. The fish are staging on the points now. Crankbaits and Rat-L-Traps all day on the rocks. He'll have a blast. It's only 7 hours from Akron and right off 77. Plenty of nearby hotels and a Bass Pro shop within 20 minutes in Charlotte.

6. Freeze

Freeze Cisco Kid

Ncraft50 - That sounds interesting for sure. Have you been to this lake, have any idea how big it is? I heard someone else mention this lake last year but thought it was much further away. thanks...

7. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

Sound like a great weekend trip, anybody want to go next month?