Where to find shad at CJ?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by grabrick, Jul 12, 2008.

1. grabrick

grabrick Hook, Line & Sinker

Alright, I bought a cast net and finally learned how to throw the darn thing properly. Of course now I am not quite sure of where to find shad at CJ. Can anyone lean me in the right direction? Thanks!

2. downtime8763

downtime8763 Retired UPS

Was on CJ Thursday morning and saw some working north west of the camping point about 200 yards off shore on my gps if i read it correctly 137om 13.6mi hope this helps.

3. I have seen people catch shad using cast nets at the break wall, you can aslo get shad out of the spillway but im not sure of how thick they are right now.

4. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Generally at night they are in the Marina under the lights and along the wall at the Main launch ramp, as morning comes they roll out of the Marina and work there way towards the main part of the lake and are usually thick in the North end along the East Bank, watch the movement of the gulls they will tell you there location, sometimes during mid day I have seen them right in front of the beach area.

The wall at the launch ramp holds them most of the time just don't let the net fall more than a count of three if you throw against that wall or the boulder fish will eat your net up.

Doc

5. grabrick

grabrick Hook, Line & Sinker

Thanks for the responses!! I appreciate everyone's help.