close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where to find cheap lightsticks?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Chuck P., May 19, 2007.

1. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

I'm looking for a place where I can pick up a box of light sticks for the best price.

I do a lot of night fishing with stick bobbers and I'm tired of paying upwards of $1.00+ for these things. I'm sure a box (25 or so) could be had a lot cheaper than this.

If anyone has a website where these can be had cheaper, I sure would appreciate the tip.

Thanks.

2. Chuck P.

3. Also check out the craft stores, Pat Catan types;)

4. Ebay is where I pick up my light sticks.
    200 sicks for 10.00 total is hard to beat.

5. Chuck P.

Care to share your sellers name? What size are the ones you buy?

6. these are the ones i use http://www.wildwolfproducts.com/glowstick.htm they are quite long, 8 inches, but they are extremely flexible and i shape them into a big U and tape them on my floats. $10 for 100 of them. i made a "tube" out of PVC to carry them in so i am not carrying that big tube they come in around.

7. Chuck P.

Might have to give these a try. Do you tape them like an upside down horseshoe or what?

8. yup, i shape into a U and then flip it upside down and tape it with electrical tape with each leg on each side of the float. also, they are supposed to have a 2yr shelf life without the need to refridgerate or anything. got mine in March of '06, still have a few left and they are still good.

9. I do not recall the sellers name.
    The last I bought was 2 years ago.
    Just watch the auction pages and soon the deal will come up on them.
    I got the 2 inch sticks in assorted colors.

10. I got 500 of the 1.5" sticks off ebay for about 10$ . Shipping was more then the actual sticks. They lasted long time..and at that price I didnt mind if a few didnt make it 4years.

11. also try hitting up the dollar stores i get alot of mine from there, $1.00 for a tube of 3 or more depending on how long u need.

12. Het, Did you see those shipping charges on E-Bay? Sure makes the price of lightsticks go up.

13. I get mine from the flea market. 4inch sticks fifty cents a piece. would probably get better deal if buying 100's at a time.