close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where to Camp

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PoleSnatcher, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Some friends and I are wanting to go camping here in a few weeks. Any ideas on where to go, I want to go to AEP but I don't think the girls would enjoy the much primitvity (sp?) They want to be able to rent a boat and swim and lay out. Any ideas? I would like to be as secluded as possible, and someplace where no screams can be heard at ngiht. :D lmao

Someplace within an hour or so of pickaway county

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Burr Oak rents cabins in the woods, that come with hot tubs and all. Also Old mans cave has cabins also that offer the same thing. Go to the ODNR web site and check them out.

3. I'd like to find that myself... ANYWHERE in Ohio ;)

4. duct tape silences all but the heartiest of screams

5. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

Try the Hocking hills. Lake Logan or Lake Hope. Go to hockinghills.com for info.
    Also the Hocking River is down there for some smallie action.

6. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

Barkcamp State Park in Belmont county near St Clairsville was pretty nice. Took my daughter there for a few days last week. Beautiful campground with plenty of cool stuff to do. Electric, showers, playgrounds, historic sites....only downside was no *flush* toilets.

Attached Files:

7. It's not in Ohio but Ohiopyle in Pa. is great. Great small river fishing in the Yough River and feeder streams. Very nice Smallmouth fishing. The campgrounds offer secluded spots along with the usual campsites next to each other. No boat rentals unless you want to go whitewater rafting.

Barkcamp is a nice park. And usually not very populated. We spend a couple trips there each summer. Its about a half hour from home but its just a nice place to escape to.

8. Top of the Caves is really nice over by old mans cave. They have a pool and a pond for fishing.

9. We are spoused to get togather and figure out where we (THE GIRLS, that is) want to go

If I had it my way, I'd take us to AEP but gotta keep the women happy ;)

10. ShoreBoundOne

ShoreBoundOne lengthy Member

Mosquito...site 154. Its a nice place and a great campsite with bank access. Lots for the kids to do and you can reserve it online.

Mitch

11. I guess one of the girls is reserving a spot at deer creek, close to home and they got swiming and jet skis and stuff that they want. It's a site right by the water so..... I'll probbly be there after the pretties fall asleep (if I'm not too worn out or drank) or before they get up

Thanks for the suggestions, I'd rather go else where but for some reason they want to go there