Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to spend a weekend somewhere withing 1-2 hours from columbus and camp, fish and possibly kayak. As of now it's 4 adults going (2 couples). Looking for ideas on where to go with campgrounds preferable close to the water if not on the water. Thanks.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Salt Fork is a really busy lake on weekends. Kokosing Camp and Canoe is an awesome little campground on the Kokosing river that usually has activities and a pool and miniature golf. They will take you upstream as far as you wanna go and you can kayak back to your camp. If you want something more primitive there is a camp at 6 mile dam on the Walhonding river in Warsaw. The Kokosing camp is in Howard, not far from MT Vernon. Great smallie and cat fishing too.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the ideas so far. Keep them coming because whatever we decide we want to do a few more this year if possible. Want to do different places each time. Thanks again

·
Registered
805 Posts
Lake timberlin campgrounds between Lexington and fredericktown. .has a small lake at the camp that's loaded with loads of cats massive ones too and nice bass fishing also if ur into carp fishing I seen several two weeks ago that were no joke the size of my leg in length and width im talking
Easy 20 pounders plus. Below is a cat my buddy caught last year. Plus ur withing 15-20 minute drive to clearfork res. Kokosing lake and knox lake..also has a pool plus cabin rental.. from columbus its maybe an 1:15 drive
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Attachments

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How is rocky fork? They have several sites for the date I need and seem to have everything we need and want there. Anyone have any input?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts