Ohio Game Fishing banner

Where to and how to fish for catfish at Hoover dam

16K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  baitguy 
#1 ·
I have been going to Hoover for the last three weeks and I have only managed to catch one channel cat...I've used everything from cut bait..crawlers ..chicken liver..I'm just really frustrated I've never had this much trouble before if anyone could help me I would really appreciate it please and thank you

Sent from my HTC One using Ohub Campfire mobile app

#3 ·
I wonder why?? it can't possibly be fished out...it may be because I'm shore fishing I think you just have to find the holes or you need a boat to get to different areas ....only so much u can do From the bank..plus I hear of people catching fish...just not me at the moment

#4 ·
Dad used to catch them in the channels during the day, and said at night to fish the flats....and always used cut frozen shad.....big and nasty tasting they were....alum has a good amount of eating size channels , but I catch those trolling for saugeye and don't care to keep any
Hoover is hard to fish from shore....to many good spots are all privately owned around the lake......a boat is a must for me

#8 ·
Thanks for the reply Mr.carp. I was referring to fishingng alone as to I won't tell anyone about the fishing hole Lmao I'm 6'7 315 pounds the crazies usually don't like to play with me if ya know what I mean lol plus I keep my girlfriend with me but the info is still good to know...now to get back on track where is the duck pond? I've heard people refer to it but never knew what they were talking about

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.