close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where is the best place to.....

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ohio bass, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Hello all
    Where is the best place to find bass at Mosquito in mid- April?
    I have a cousin who is comming up from florida and he wants to fish Mosquito when he is up so I need to know where to find the fish and what will they be relating to. Any information is appreciated. Thanks

2. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

I have a buddy that fishes bass tournaments statewide. His favorite all time bass lake is Mosquito.

His favorite places to fish in early spring are the bays on the north end, particularly Pikie Bay, and Ye Old Farm Bay. These are located on the north end, on the west shore of the lake. There are some other bays on the east side that he claims produce bass. These bays are less pronounced, and not easily spotted from a distance, but they are there. His favorite lure is a bubblegum colored rubber worm.

Be prepared for some breakoffs, as these bays hold a decent population of Pike in the early spring.

I'm no bass fisherman, but my buddy swears by these spots and techniques.

3. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

Ohio Bass u can get them in shallow water flippin into shoreline cover and causeways are pretty good to.

4. Thanks guys for all the info. I thought about heading up to pikie bay also. What other baits would you prefer if the bubblegum worm fails? Thanks Again

5. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

can't beat a spinnerbait in april. throw it shallow around laydowns and bushes

6. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

Tubes or jigs will be good for flippin. A spinner bait like procraft said will be a good bet. But flippin will be good to. Good Luck

7. Thanks Again,,, would a chart. spinnerbait work with colorado blades?

8. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

shallow cranks too, also....suspending jerkbaits.....depending on water temps, blade baits are an option.

9. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

my favorite is a chart & white 3/8 spinnerbait with a colorado and a williow leaf blade

10. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

I like a double willow stain to clear, muddy water double colorado or double oklahoma. Rattle traps work good in early spring shad or craw colors work best.

11. Okay guys thanks alot. I really appreciate everything. Thanks again