Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking my pontoon boat out of Hoover this weekend so I can actually do some swimming in a lake. I was planning on taking it to Alum this weekend, but from all the horror stories I have been reading about the ramps, I really don't want to go there anymore.
What other suggestions do you guys have? How is Buckeye on fourth of July weekend? Don't they have fireworks?
I know Deercreek is always an option.

And by the way, why don't they allow swimming in Hoover?

Thanks,
Grino

·
Registered
25 Posts
I always told because Hoover is the water supply for the city of Columbus you couldn't swim in it. No where local other than Hoover will be boatable. Buckeye is always better than Alum, bars and all. Seneca is a nice lake, heard good things about the Muskingam sp? or the Ohio river.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Buckeye does have fireworks on Friday night. They shoot them off from Wolfe Island which is on the west end. The ramp at Liebs is in my opinion one of the nicest ramps in the area. Not sure about the crowd Iam sure it will be busy for the fireworks though. Indian lake is nice also. Never been to Grand Lake St. Marys but I hear it is really nice Buckeye is nice beacuse of the access to food.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Seneca, like other lakes, will be crowded and I believe they have fireworks set off from one of the islands. Don't know which night. I ran into them a few years ago. Muskingum River may be a bit high, although it could settle by then. Zanesville has a big fireworks show on the river one night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts