close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where do you purchase...

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by atrkyhntr, Oct 1, 2004.

1. ...your steelhead fishing equipment, tackle, gear... ?

I caught a few years ago when trying for coho that were stocked for snagging... and yes I snagged many fish and am very glad thats not the way anymore!!! But I used regular tackle then the same I fished for bass with and now know I need to purchase steelhead friendly gear ...
    THANKS in advance
    Clyde

2. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

rodmakers has it all. all of the bait shops in the area of the rivers carry a supply of jigs lures, etc. north coast outfitters in avon is steelhead headquarters w/plenty of info.may even have the fly lessons.

3. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

Parma Bait and Tackle on Broadview Rd. just south of Brookpark Rd. (next to Palmer Cleaners) has a lot of good stuff and the owner and his helpers really seem to know their stuff. They have a lot of flies and jigs, most of which they tie themselves. Its a real small place but they seem to key on stuff that you would actually use. I like the place. they always have enough maggots, bobbers, and jigs to keep me happy and broke during the fall. :rolleyes: If you live close by I would definitely check it out.

4. awww... thats real close I'll have to stop in...
    THANKS Man

5. hardwaterfan

OK I hope they have what youre looking for. Doesnt look like much from the outside, though. If you try to get friendly with the guy with dark hair and mustache with the accent, he seems to give out some good advice. Hes the owner I think. Good people in there.

6. hardwaterfan

If they dont have what you need then I second the Rodmakers suggestion. They got all the gear. Next you could try Gander Mountain off rt. 91 (near 82 and 480) but you probably already know about that place. Lots of hunting stuff there.

Good luck.

7. I deal at The Rodmakers shop for my fly tying material. I do a very limited amount of steelhead fishing with bait but most people I know seem satisfied with the quality of the maggots and such.