close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where did the water go (East Branch)?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by MikeD, Jun 16, 2007.

1. MikeD

MikeD Member

I went to East Branch this morning to find it very, very low. I wasn't sure there was even enough water at the end of the ramp to launch the boat, so I headed down to LaDue instead. Is this typical for that lake? I've only fished it this year and last, and have never seen it so low.

2. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

LaDue has been a couple feet down all Spring too. City of Akron must pulling out some water. Hasn't exactly been a moist Spring or Summer so far either, I'm sure that has something to do with it. I know I wouldn't complain too much if LaDue got a couple downpours in it!

3. MikeD

MikeD Member

I noticed I don't have to duck to go under the 422 bridge...

4. Justin S

Justin S c-ya on the water

eastbranch water level is always changing wich is why the fishing is so difficult to predict but i usaully do well there for bass and cats whenever i go

5. I stopped by there East Branch a few days ago. The water has got to be down about 8 feet. It's crazy. Use this time to scout out that normally offshore structure that is now onshore. When the water level gets back to normal, you'll catch more fish.

6. I talked to the Ranger who was taking pictures of the water levels. There is a valve in the dam that needs to be repaired. So they have decided to drain the lake to the right depth so they can fix it. Alot of my good spring crappie spots are completly out of the water too. I have even found a couple od lures :)