Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where Are The Fish On The Tuscarawas River ???

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by tcba1987, Jul 22, 2004.

1. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

Ive Fished The Tusc. The Last 2 Nights In A Row And Tried Everywhere From Gnaden To New Philadelphia And Have Had Very Little Luck.

Ive Been Tossing Tube Baits, Small Crankbaits, Full Size Spinnerbaits And Jerkbaits They Just Havent Been Hitting For Me.

Ive Fished The Eddies , Ive Fished Wood , Ive Tried Rocky Areas And No Luck !! The Only Thing I Havent Tried Is Wading Right Out Into The Rapids. Any Suggestions ?? Location ?? Baits??

Or Is It Just Tough For Everyone Right Now ??

Ive Only Managed A Couple Of Small Rock Bass And One Small Smallmouth.
  2. sauguy

sauguy river & muskie angler, dayhiker

i spent about an hour at the dover treatment plant yesterday, nothing. another guy just got one carp.

3. rockbass

rockbass Banned

The smallmouth I have been catching have been caught at dark. using small spinners with a sassy shad body on it. I noticed to listen for minnies busting the surface.......So far, each time I have heard them, I casted there and caught fish. The best 2 being 18 inches and 13 1/2 Real healthy too! The 18 incher went every bit of 3 lbs. Oh yeah, they were caught here at my "home" waters, near Gnaden! I also caught a couple on Tube bait at another spot, also after dark. Oh yeah, I never spent more than 30 minutes each trip. I don't know if it is the places I was fishing or just at dark is a good time.
  4. The Tusc. always runs dry when the sun is shining. :(
  5. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I usually do good on the tusc when it is hot out. That is usually my go to place when the lakes are off for cats and bass! They are in there!