Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just tryin to get some info, on where the better cat spots are right now. goin fishin this weekend. hopin to catch that nice fat cat!! also would like to know where i would be able to rent a boat at?? GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!!

GET FISH OR DIE TRYIN'!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
just tryin to get some info, on where the better cat spots are right now. goin fishin this weekend. hopin to catch that nice fat cat!! also would like to know where i would be able to rent a boat at?? GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!!
Not sure how far you are willing to drive, but you can rent boats at CJ Brown. In addition you won't have to go too far from the marina to get to pretty good catfish water. If you hug the east bank in 8-10 ft of water headed north from the marina, there are plentiful 1 to 4+ pounders along the shoreline. If you keep going north, you'll hit the islands and the catfishing is pretty good up in that area. May be better than further south. Check the lake map to get an idea of what part of the lake I'm referring. I've had most of my luck catfishing CJ early in the morning at daybreak or mid to late evening. Rarely have caught a catfish in the middle of the day there.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
spidey i live in kettering and CJ is not too far away for me. my favorite spots to fish are in central ohio, along the o'shay griggs, delaware, alum creek, deer creek, belpoint (delaware)...not like i have a few id like to mention or anything...lol

GET FISH OR DIE TRYIN!!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Well you probably know CJ pretty well then. I usually don't do serious cattin' around here, as strange as that may seem. I'm usually chasing bass or saugeye around Columbus. CJ was the lake I grew up on and it never disappointed when it came to catfish. If I need a whiskers fix, that's where I head or south to Logan. If I catch a catfish around here, it's by accident. I'm sure someone else knows the catfishing spots around these parts and where to rent a boat.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well id love to say that ive been to CJ but i havent...so no i dont know it well..lol. But i do intend on going to CJ sometime this summer. One of my goals is to visit places to fish that i have never been to before

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've been doing pretty good at O'shay. I've gone there 3 times this year and done good each time. I've been fishing off of riverside dr. just picking a spot at the pull offs. Using cubed steak. No ever believes me when i tell them I use it, but it works and it stays on the hook a lot better than livers. I usally put out 1 pole with cubed steak and the other with either liver, shrimp, or creek chubs and the cubed steak always out fishes the others.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a few hours to kill friday night (May 18) so I threw my boat in the water. Went a little north of Fishinger. Had a few lines in the water - wax worms, nitecrawlers, and chicken liver. Had been catching plenty of bluegill and sunfish on the crawlers, and was fishing wax worms on about 5 foot with bobber. I ended up bringing in a 23", 3 lb channel on the wax worm. Caught a few more channels on nightcrawlers, but nothing to mention. This was right about dusk. Water was pretty murky but calm.

·
Registered
37 Posts
cube steaks huh? Raw right? Bloody? Should i chum up the water with some beef blood as well? I am serious! Never heard of ne 1 using it but im willing to try anything. Doesnt hurt!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts