close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

When you least expect them.

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by Tiny Tim, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Just wanted to know how many of you have ever got a Flathead when you were fishing for something else!! The biggest I ever caught was with a crankbait while Bass fishing. A guy I work with was in another boat and together we figured it weighed around 50lbs. I got another out of the Ohio river a few years ago on a 1/16oz. jig that went 35lbs. The reason I brought it up is, I got another one yesterday on 7 1/2 in. Yum worm flippin for Bass. I knew right away what it was!! After a 5 minute battle I had it in the boat. I didnt have anything to measure it with or any way to get a picture to post, but I figure it was a good 25lbs. Quite a suprise with a flippin stick. All of them I get, I release them to fight another day. I have been to Salt Fork several times this year after them, but so far have got nothing but channels for the effort. Maybe I should stick to Bass fishing. Seems to be the way to catch one. :)

2. We were out tring for white bass and the guy with me caught a 36" 35+ lb flattie on a 1/2 oz lime jig and 8 lb test line. What a fight he had, it took about 25 minutes. River fishing is awesome.