Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious if any knew of a website that would explain what is hitting and what to use to catch them. Or if someone could let me know from there own personal experiemce. I live in Clermont County and mostly fish East Fork and some farm ponds If I knew what to fish for in august I could target that species and hopefully have more succes. Thx for any input.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It really just depends on what species you are going after. I fish mainly for bass and right now is slow but using small jerk baits can usually pick up a couple. Slow presentation right now and most the time it's not a very strong hit.

·
CJ Wolfpack
4,311 Posts
You can fish for any species in August. Don't let the month we're currently in dictate what you wanna go after. With the hot and sunny days going and doing some night time fishing could pay off big time. Fish are gonna eat no matter what month we're in so it's up to you to get out there and catch some. Bass fishing can be fantastic if you time it right. Early morning or evening hours would probably be the best bet in my opinion. Fish whatever you'd like but fish it so it looks injured or like it's dying. There's alot of baitfish swimming around so you gotta make you presentation stand out. Cats will hit now as well,just use your favorite bait for 'em. Again it might pay off better to try targeting them in the early morning or evening hours. Bluegills can be caught now as well,might just be a little deeper than you're used to fishing for them. Crappies will be a tad deeper but can be had if you locate them. Again just get out there and drop a line or two. It's the best way to figure all this out.

·
I DIDN'T SEE THE SIGN
566 Posts
You just gotta put your time in and get out there in fish. I love to fiish in the fall and spring but my biggest bass was caught in June on a hot sunny day. Put a good presentation in front of a bass and they are gonna smash it. The early mornings and evenings do help. I have been reading several different posts of people catching cats on lures. I know that Channel Cats, not sure about the others, gorge this time of year. I have caught quite a few on lures. Long story short, the fish are biting and don't let August or the heat or anything else from going fishing:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am going to get back out fishing again. I have fished at my landlord's ponds and East Fork. I might try other places and baits. I fish mainly with red worms with a bobber. I have not fished any farm ponds. I just get out and see what bites.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts