Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Bass are for guys who can't catch Walleye
1,172 Posts
I think it has started all ready. We caught 15 on Sat. with 3 FO's. Ton of fish marks, lots of bait, it is only going to get better.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Its starting now!! There are a lot of fish out there right now and they have been all over the column. Most of them are the eater size, but as someone said, theres a few big ones. Im guessing its all the bouy fish coming down in. Fishing has been decent, and it will only get better in the future when they ALL decide to turn on. Then before you know it, the bigger fish will be there too. We pulled our 3 man plus a few 10-15 miles NE of Huron yesterday in the rain. If your going out, we caught fish anywhere from 60-80 back on 3oz, 40-100 on 2oz, 62-68 big dipsy 3 setting, 40 back on RR800's. 2mph.

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
There's tons of fish just a few miles from the Huron River mouth. Boated 20+ fish yesterday, ranging from two to 9+ pounds.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Check out the results I posted for the Fish Huron tournament. Vast majority of the teams in the money fished between Huron and Vermilion - Vermilion dumping grounds was most mentioned area. 21 Teams had over 40 pounds.

·
the steel head hunter
694 Posts
I can't wait till I can night fish at lorain off the rocks... have you guys had much luck night fishing in the fall off the rocks in Lorain. ..or do u see people fishing when you troll the shoreline .. I am use to spring in lorain not fall...

Sent from my LG-E739 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
157 Posts
We fished 2 oz 20 ft in front of 800's. I guessed that I would add 4 to 6 ft per oz in depth, based on trolling speed of 2.0 to 2.2 with 12 lb mono.
125 back = 24' + 8 to 12 ft for 2oz = 32 to 36 down.
Maybe someone can be more correct in depth.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts