close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

when do u think we will have ice again!!

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by peple of the perch, Jan 5, 2005.

1. contest

no prize just wondering when do u think we will have fishible ice again :D

2. Lmao Big D. Walked Right In To It!!!

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

You better do your dance Carl. I recieved my new ice rod & Reels today along with the other things you ice guys said to get!! I'm still wondering why the heck I'm doing this? Set on a frozen lake fishing in an 8" hole and hoping like hell a fish comes by that is hungry. The only thing left to get is the Brandy! :D

4. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

Hey Dale....did ya get a Vex too?

Gene

5. dont worry when you sit on that 8" hole the fish will come. Tell em Big D they will come, and hungry too. Pray for cold

6. Elamenohpee

Elamenohpee Banned

I'll guess !!!!

12-15-05

7. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

Elamenohpee: I hope your wrong!!

8. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

hopefully around the 25th of this month. (and year :p )

(hopefully sooner :confused: )

9. DaleM

TX, didn't get that fancy, YET! I'll decide how "HOOKED" I am on this after I fish a few times. :confused: Still wondering why :confused: :D Hey anything to entertain you guys. Trying to figure how well much dome tent will work as an ice shanty. ;)

10. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

Dome tents work better as kites than as shantys when it is windy :)

11. DaleM

That was a joke! Real ice guys use Buckets, at least that's what Big Daddy tells me :D

12. Just remember, not everyone has large
    a bucket as Big Daddy! Yuck, yuck, yuck! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  13. bassmastermjb

bassmastermjb The Lucky One

The weather report for the next week looks pretty grim for us ice fishermen.It just might be early February before we can get our fix.I was teased 2 weeks ago at Presque.I'm starting to wonder if it was all just a dream.Carl, it's time to hang up that ice dance and do something different.I was thinking something along the lines of the Wolly Mammoth Breakdance or the Siberian Squash.I watched Lake Rockwell open up today and cried watching every inch of ice cover turn to open water.And I thought Boston had the curse!!!!

14. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

I looked at the pic I took of the bath tub full of fish I got at Presque last year and the date stamp on the pic is Feb 16th. We will get ice..............it just sucks having to wait after the tease we had.

Gene

15. I saw on the weather channel that it supposed to be 70 next Tuesday in Columbus!!

16. I think I'll drill a hole in the top of the freezer & try to hook some crappie.
    Steelmagoo, what's the strength of the vexilar? I'd like to avoid the turkey at all costs.

17. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

Put the Vex on top of the fridge and I can tell you if you have chocolate or vanilla ice cream.

18. We'll make it interesting and put the olives in there. Blue cheese and garlic stuffed. Whateveres hooked goes into the martini's :D

19. Dusting off boat , greasing wheelbearings putting ice equipment away. Figure I will force issue one way or the other.