Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am trying to find wheel chair accesible places to go fishing. I work for a private ambulance company here in Columbus and we have this dialysis patient that is the nicest guy in the world that everytime we got him in the back of the ambulance he talked about wanting to go fishing one more time. So our company is going to take him out fishing. But we want a place that is easy to get around and the patient will be able to catch fish fairly easily. There is a pay lake in Groveport ohio called Clearwater that one of our medics has been to that he said would not be bad. But any other ideas would be great. We just want to be able to take this guy for what could possibly be his last fishing trip.

Thanks for the help,
Phillip

·
Banned
2,976 Posts
Sharon woods in Westerville. Kids and wheelchair friendly. Not sure if you will be able to(call them), but he will. Good luck. There are other places too, but I would recommend this first.

·
Go BUCKEYES
72 Posts
Alum creek just past Cheshire bridge. There used to be a WC accessible spot across from the boat launch.

·
disabled fishing nut!
73 Posts
Alum creek just past Cheshire bridge. There used to be a WC accessible spot across from the boat launch.
it's still there but hardly catch anything there. antrim is good and guaranteed small bluegill. deercreek has an accessible dock but i've never fished there. and i've heard good things about the dock on hoover but i've never fished there either. several cans of corn and the olentangy is great for carp. they just finished that walkway along the scioto downtown and there is a long dock there.

good luck! let me know how you did. i'm in a wheelchair too :D

·
Banned
2,976 Posts
Another possibility for carp is right below cosi. Not sure how close you could park with a handicapped sticker, and he may be 20 feet from the water as there are some terraced concrete levels, but I don't see this as problem(you'd need to get slimed and remove the fish) There are some big carp down there and corn works well. That was one of crappielooker fave spots, he used to chum it up all the time. Been there a few times and always caught something.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's a bit more of a drive....... But I would take him to Paint Creek or Deer Creek tailwaters for cat, crappie, and saugeye.

·
Last Cast
325 Posts
congrats on the catches! that was one tasty looking snapper!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts