close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What's your opinion?

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by buckeye4lyfe, Aug 29, 2005.

1. I'm looking to get a pod and a couple of alarms soon and was wondering what I should look for. I know that the Delkims are the best on the market but they are a bit pricey for me. I have been looking around and there seems to be at least a couple dozen brands. I also looked at the Wacker Bait alarms and they seem to have everything the Fox low end model has. Will I be that dissappointed if I were to go this route or should I spend the extra $$ on the brand names. I guess if I were to set a budget I would say I want to spend 200-250 on both the pod and alarms. Maybe you guys could give me some advice.

Thanks.

2. i have used the wacker bait models for over a year and have been happy with them. for the price I feel they are well worth it.

3. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

I second Dave's recommendation of the WB&T alarms. I have fished with him over the last year that hes owned them and they have held up to everything hes dished out to them.

I own many alarms like the med. priced Fox MX high end Fox SX and even have a pair of Delkim Plus alarms. The only benifit to my Delkims over other alarms is they are vibration sensing..only other quality alarm to have this feature is the high dollar Fox RX which has both roller wheel and vibration sensing.
    I know buckeyefishingnut(Jake) owns another cheaper alarms bought off ebay and Dave has a set of them too..they also work very well. The thing to rember about alarms is this, only buy what you need...no need to purchase the high end ones if you only plan to use them for basic carping. Only reason i bought my Delkims is because i like to fish with the best quality i can buy..plus for the areas we fish are loaded with Buffalo carp and they tend to hit very lightly...the standard roller wheel sensing alarms wont detect these type of hits...plus i love the night light option of the Delkims.

As far as pods......i would highly recommed that you do NOT skimp on price here, buy one of the Fox pods from Wackerbaits. You can get an awsome Horizon pod and 2 WB&T alarms and still be around $200 for sure.
    Just stay away from the Royal carp X2 Rod Pod Eco ...it seem to be a great buy for under $60 but trust me Jake has one and it is pure junk, heck hed probably sell it to anyone interested for $30-$40...he now uses a very nice older Fox Warrior pod.
    You want to buy something stable...spend a little extra now and not worry about buying another pod for atleast 10-15 years.....go cheap and you wont be happy when it comes to rod pods.

Scott

4. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

dion.. i'll have to show you the new set of alarm i bought.. i absolutely love it, especially its price.. i know you'll love it too. :) it looks like fox, but at a waaaay cheaper price.. its goofy size batteries is a pain, but for less than $35 a pair, i aint gonna bitch..lol even comes with hardcase too..
    as far as rodpod goes, my main thing that i look for in a pod is stability.. if i have a hard take, i want to make sure my pod doesn't twist.. nowaday, just look for a pod that uses 2 posts as uprights, rather than 1 like on the older style pods..

5. PAYARA

PAYARA THE ONE YOU LOVE TO HATE

I will say those cheap alarms either RC,WB,X2 are
    an excelent value.i would be happy and confident
    owning a set.
    i personally have been useing 4 Fox SX's for about 2
    months now and iam very happy with them.at the start
    of this year i was going to go with Delkim and ditch Fox
    but i can't mess with sucsess,Fox alarms have been good
    to me. ;)the sensativity of the Delks is what attracted me
    to them,but i found out that my impressions of the sensitvity
    settings on the Fox alarms were all wrong.its accually quite
    good and 'wide-ranged'.

6. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

I agree Greg, the Fox SX alarms are great..i love mine too.

Scott