close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Whats your goals for the fall?

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by flathunter, Jun 24, 2005.

1. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Well the spring fishing season is over with, and the heat of summer is upon us..July has always been my worst month for catfishing..So I am looking forward to August, september, and October..It's been a couple years since I have landed a Flathead over 30-lbs, and 3 years since I have caught one over 40-lbs...Ever since I started fishing with Da Mellon hummmmmm?..My goal is to catch at least 1 flathead over 30-lbs this fall, and to get a boat so I can fish better spots on the scioto...I think Bryans goals is not to cast into anymore trees, and actually catch one fish of any size this fall :D

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I'm taking baby steps, my goal is easy to break 30#'s. I know we will, espically if I can get the same type of bait we had last week! Just think we've both had fish on thats would break the 30# mark this year..... :mad:

3. My goal is to be able to get out fishing at least once by the time the lakes freeze!

4. Robocat

Robocat Rob

My first goal is to catch my first flathead ever by the end of the year. Second, catch a channel cat over 10lbs. Third, find a new job since I was laid off back on May 17th....Hmmm......maybe I should reverse the order. :D

5. mrjbigfoot

mrjbigfoot Mike

Somebody had a 12' aluminum boat, motor & trailer in the Columbus dispatch for $500.
    I think I saw it yesterday or the day before. That's all I've currently got, kind of miss my old Starcraft 16' but I couldn't pull a camper and a boat so I downsized to one I could throw on top of the truck or the camper. I'd like to go fish for some big cats one of these days... my biggest is only a 22 lb flat & I've caught bigger carp than that. I've caught a few channels over 10 lbs though & every one of them was on an artificial lure... As far as fall planning goes, the fishing is pretty much over for me as soon as hunting season starts. Waterfowl & Deer are already on my radar screen... but I would like to get out & do some more fishing before then. Muskies and Cats.

6. H2O Mellon

I sure hope your talking about some rods other than the ones in your photo gallery. If not save those suckers, you can have them. And since I mentioned pictures where are the pictures of all these big cats at? If your saying to take your word..... I wont. -whoops I better add a " :D " to this.

7. flathunter

catfishhunter33..I challenge you to post a picture of yourself with a fish, and it must show your face. :D I think seeing a pic of you is about as hard as seeing one of bigfoot :D

8. I want a 40LB flathead from the GMR.....but, I will be happy with 30LB.

9. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I would love to catch another over 30 this year yet. I really started to get into Flaheads fishing last year. For me, I had an awesome year......my books anyway! I got my personal best last year and broke it 4 times to the current PB of 37 lbs. If I hit a 30 lb flattie this year, I will be excited.....of course I also have a goal of a 40 lbers, but I am still learning these fish and often times do not have much scouting time to find the good holes.

Lately, I have caught several 9-13 lb flatties an 18 lber, and the 25 lber I also just added Friday evening at about 7:22pm........Even if that 25 lber is the best one this year, I will consider it a good year! I am not as good or as skilled as catfishhunter, but I am just as pleased with a 5 lb flattie as a 15 lb flattie.........

As for Channel Cats, I would love to break my PB set last year at 13 lb 5 oz. so far, the largest Channel for me this year is 9 lb 5 oz. Normally I have several of them in by this time between 7 and 10 lbs. Not this year though.....I attribute that to the spring weather for the most part.

10. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

I promise to give flathead rods a good home and the best of care. :D
    I promise to never let a bass fisherman touch them.
    I promise to take them out for exorcise on a regular basis

[​IMG]

I promise to take them on vacations

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Whatever you do don't get mad and break your poles just because the flathead bite is off stride for a few months!

11. H2O Mellon

My gosh, what cat!

12. flathunter

I have a new goal..It is to find a fishing partner who does not fish for Walleyes!!!!!!!!

13. My Goal Is To Quit Wearing Diapers........

14. hhjhjhjhjhjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
    !$

15. My goal is a 30# flathead or better, a 20# channel or better, and to catch a blue!

16. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

I am with Mrjbig on this one. When we finally get those cool nights in the fall my attention quickly turns to big bucks. However, I do hope to get out and chase some trophy musky and try to get one on a fall pattern. I have caught the musky bug big time and I plan to get a husky before this year is over. Who knows though, I usually get into some nice channel cats between now and early September. I might do some cattin here in the next few weeks. I just don't have it in me to go after them big monster fish on the Scioto and the Ohio rivers.

CG

17. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Well, I did get my over 30 lb fish already.......now I am after the 40 lber...

18. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

ok you guys can all laugh at me now, i want to break the 10 lb mark this year for flatheads.