close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Whats your "go to" lure?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by atrkyhntr, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Give me a handfull of jigs with various trailers and I'll be happy :D

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

if we are talking lures, mine would definitely have to be the 3inch senko.. i coupled that with a size 2 owner downshot hook, buried inside the senko half way down its body... deadly.., especially while wading..

3. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

you said lures, not bait..;)

4. Lately I have been using a 4 inch powerbait worm, zipper style in a purple flake color. I have caught quite a few Largemouth Bass on it lately. For walleye, I couldn't do better than trolling stinger spoons. For Smallmouth Bass in streams, a small Bomber Fat A in a crayfish color.

5. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

5in senko for anything, rivers included....or a tube

6. Depends on the weather. If it cloudy, windy and nasty out give me a black widow color Top Raider. if it's a nice, sunny summer day I'd take a inline spinner (bucktail) in a second.

7. A 4in. white twistertail on a 1/8 jighead or a shad rap. I hate losing shad raps in the river.

8. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

Go to lure? AKA Desperate? So you just pigged out at your favorite steak house. Your'e stuffed right?. Oh no, no desert. Ok, now your a bass, or whatever species.
    Ok, look those little mints at the register. Yah , you got a hand full! Same thing happens when your fishing and the bite slows. Tie on a 1" twister tail on a 1/32 oz. jig and Wham! Desert time! Try it! Trust me, theres always room for the Spumante' eh guys! :) Another Raider trick. Brought to you by, I M HungryCornmeal :D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  9. 1/8 ounce, ballheaded jig with a three inch milktoose twister

10. A 4" brown or purple plastic worm, comes pre-rigged with two #8 hooks, and a 8" leader. LM or SM Bass, any panfish, channel cats, and even a few carp.

11. The lue of choice depends on the targeted species for me.

Panfish - small tube with 1/16 or 1/32 oz. head white or pumpkinseed
    Bass - 4" tube jig pumpkinseed
    Eyes - 3" twister tail on round jighead weight depends on current, depth, etc.
    Pike - 1/2 oz. single blade spinnerbait white/chartreuse

12. For bass in ponds I'll take a 6 inch plastic lizard in watermellon seed Texas rigged with small bullet weight.
    For bluegill, small white crappie jig with white feathers tipped with wax worm

13. I use a 3/8 oz firetiger Rattlin Rap most of the time. If I can't get them on that I goto a 3/8 chrome Rattlin Rap.

14. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

It's a tie between a tube and a senko!