close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Whats Your Favorite Saugeye/walleye Lake?

Discussion in 'Walleye & Saugeye Discussions' started by eye4neye, Jun 3, 2004.

1. I Would Love To Fish Some More Places, But I Have Found My New Fav. Lake For These Toothy Things. It Is Hoover...i Think It Is Good, ----tell Me Your Favorite Place Guys...just Interested!...thanks...tony

2. I would have to say Deer Creek since i fish there all witner long at the spillway for eyes. I usually get a few nice ones every year but just a bunch of smaller ones this past winter. I caught 2 23 inchers one morning a few years ago and got one that was about 22 or 23 inches last year in the creek above the lake. I would think if you had a boat you could get into some good ones in the lake but I never hear much about them being caught from the lake.

3. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

I would have to say Indian Lake for me. I don't fish for 'eyes much but when I do I have done my best at Indian. I went ice fishing there once and got five, and have been stuck on the bank a couple of other times and I have always cuaght a couple.

4. JohnBoat

JohnBoat OU Bassmaster

The Big Pond...Lake Erie- you have incredible walleye fishing with the added bonus of a few steelhead thrown in...

5. Lake Erie is in a class all by itself. ;)

My favorite inland 'eye lakes:

1. Alum Creek
    2. Pymatuning
    3. Mosquito
    4. Lake Milton
    5. Hoover

6. 1. Piedmont when the ice 1st. comes off
    2. Any dam on the Muskingum river.
    3. Seneca & Atwood when the water warms above 70.

7. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

8. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Anyone ever fish Nimisila for walleye? Is it any good?

9. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Rumi...thats my home lake.They are there...just not in big numbers.
    I would be glad to take you there aboard my rig sometime.

10. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

I would love to meet you out there sometime.
    I'm getting ready to head over there in a bit right now. I'm going to try to launch at the SE ramp since the water level should be up. I plan to be in the SE section (south of the ramp) until around 2:30. I'll let you know how I do.
    Check your p.m.'s.:cool:

11. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

Tappan for the best shot at a yearly 10 pounder but not for numbers; Piedmont for sheer numbers and fun; Atwood for both numbers and good average size; and Seneca just because it's such a great fishery, with not only both Saugeye and Walleye but those big heart thumping Stripers!

12. I wouls love to fish peidmont someday corey, but cant seem to make it down there, but someday i would love to and meet you sometime........tony

13. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

You'd love it at Piedmont!

14. Thats what i keep hearing corey...i will definately have to make it down there someday...might try to campo there this summer possible....anyplace good around the lake to camp?---ill check the web sites and see also....have a good an corey...tony

15. I dont target walleye/saugeye but I have caught some nice ones this year at Berlin and Mosquito on tubes flipping and carolina rigging. Also fished alum last year and my partner caught a saugeye over 5 and 1/2#. We won the big saugeye pot in a bass tourney...paid for the entry atleast.

16. Ohio River at Pike Island Dam in the fall at night. Usually fish it until December. Anything with a rattle catches 'em