Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Would Love To Fish Some More Places, But I Have Found My New Fav. Lake For These Toothy Things. It Is Hoover...i Think It Is Good, ----tell Me Your Favorite Place Guys...just Interested!...thanks...tony

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I would have to say Deer Creek since i fish there all witner long at the spillway for eyes. I usually get a few nice ones every year but just a bunch of smaller ones this past winter. I caught 2 23 inchers one morning a few years ago and got one that was about 22 or 23 inches last year in the creek above the lake. I would think if you had a boat you could get into some good ones in the lake but I never hear much about them being caught from the lake.

·
OSU outdoorsman
2,230 Posts
I would have to say Indian Lake for me. I don't fish for 'eyes much but when I do I have done my best at Indian. I went ice fishing there once and got five, and have been stuck on the bank a couple of other times and I have always cuaght a couple.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Lake Erie is in a class all by itself. ;)

My favorite inland 'eye lakes:

1. Alum Creek
2. Pymatuning
3. Mosquito
4. Lake Milton
5. Hoover

·
Registered
76 Posts
1. Piedmont when the ice 1st. comes off
2. Any dam on the Muskingum river.
3. Seneca & Atwood when the water warms above 70.

·
TeamOGF
6,992 Posts
Anyone ever fish Nimisila for walleye? Is it any good?

·
ORIGINAL TEAM OGF
5,509 Posts
Rumi...thats my home lake.They are there...just not in big numbers.
I would be glad to take you there aboard my rig sometime.

·
TeamOGF
6,992 Posts
I would love to meet you out there sometime.
I'm getting ready to head over there in a bit right now. I'm going to try to launch at the SE ramp since the water level should be up. I plan to be in the SE section (south of the ramp) until around 2:30. I'll let you know how I do.
Check your p.m.'s.:cool:

·
Registered
833 Posts
Tappan for the best shot at a yearly 10 pounder but not for numbers; Piedmont for sheer numbers and fun; Atwood for both numbers and good average size; and Seneca just because it's such a great fishery, with not only both Saugeye and Walleye but those big heart thumping Stripers!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wouls love to fish peidmont someday corey, but cant seem to make it down there, but someday i would love to and meet you sometime........tony

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats what i keep hearing corey...i will definately have to make it down there someday...might try to campo there this summer possible....anyplace good around the lake to camp?---ill check the web sites and see also....have a good an corey...tony

·
Registered
138 Posts
I dont target walleye/saugeye but I have caught some nice ones this year at Berlin and Mosquito on tubes flipping and carolina rigging. Also fished alum last year and my partner caught a saugeye over 5 and 1/2#. We won the big saugeye pot in a bass tourney...paid for the entry atleast.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts