close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What's your favorite part.......

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BottomBouncer, Jul 9, 2005.

1. of fishing? Buying tackle.....waiting for the strike......the fight???

Personally......I like sitting on the bank, cattin'.....two lines out with a couple bluegill or something of the sort and waiting for that buzz of the clicker!!!!!!!!

You never know when it's gonna happen......

In the mean time.......flipping through catalogs for new gear and buying tackle takes the edge off :D

2. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

for me it's the relaxation and being able to forget about worries and responsibilities of life for a while.kinda like being a kid again.it really doesn't matter if it's walleyeing on lake erie,crappie fishing on a local lake or catfishing on the river with a rack of bird bbqing over a campfire,i enjoy them all equally!
    i don't get the time to fish as much as i use to but the trade off is that when i do get out i enjoy it that much more.

3. Banker

Banker Banned

the uncertainty/possibility of catching a :B . then doing it

gear is good...be it climbing or fishing...(whoops almost forgot, I'm not in Cali anymore) so yes fishing gear (& purchasing way more than you could ever use up in a lifetime) is extra good....

4. Favorite?

It’s too hard to call….

Pouring over maps, and looking for new spots to fish over the Winter

Finishing a HOT coffee while surveying at a quiet pond or stream just before starting at dawn in the early Spring

The initial pull of a striper/hybrid the instant your topwater lure hits the water 100 yards out in heavy current

The sound of drag being pulled on a spinning reel

The fish really turning on during a light rain in the Summer

The sound of the clicker with line S-L-O-W-L-Y going out is hard to beat

A topwater frog being smashed through some thick grass, or an explosion on a Jitterbug in complete darkness

Having a Guinness with the crew on a cold Fall night by a fire at AEP

The sustained rush after releasing a HUGE fish

Taking off work early to go fishing!

5. Man......you hit several and reminded me of one.

This gives me satisfaction only rivaled by extracuriculars with my gf......lol

Going out, catching baits, rigging up the rods.....leaders and just the right length, perfect size hooks and the knots just right. Getting all prepared, taking time and not missing a beat. Then getting that first run.......letting you know that the hard work and effort was worth it :F

6. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

To many favorites to list, but here are a few.

Each of my three sons first fish!! (youngest is 2 and just got his 2 weeks ago)

Big fish

Get togethers and fishing with buddies.

Flying across the water at 60mph to get to your fishing hole.

7. The initial feeling of life at the other end of your line.

Putting the pieces of the puzzle together so you can experience that feeling on a regular basis.

Browsing the tackle isles and catalogs ain't bad either. lol

Lest I forget the great outdoors, Oh the great outdoors!

8. That half a second where you feel the tap on the lure just before you set that lure....then yank hard and feel nothing but weight at the other end and a head skaking like crazy.

9. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

For me it's the fight of the fish..I dont fish to just to get rid of stress...In fact fishing stresses me..I fish for big fish, and if I dont catch a big fish I consider it a wasted trip..Needless to say most of my time spent fishing is wasted. :D

10. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Being able to relax with my girlfriend and getting away from the maddness of some of the world. The peacefullness of it all, at night on a quiet lake, lying on our backs listening to the music of frogs croaking and crickets singing, and not even really caring if you get a bite or not, and wondering how anybody could not love this,

11. It's hard to say. When I first get there it is the relaxing atmosphere. But once I hook a good sized fish, I like the fight. I also like having my girl with me and like laying there listening to nature. And when I aint fishing. I like taking trips to the local store to look at gear even if I aint buying. Lets not forget the kids, god thats fun. I love taking my two daughters with me to fish. It's really cool when they out fish me (My youngest one is good at that). And when using live bait, it is fun just watching and waiting on that bobber to go under.

12. I with you Jack, fishing is rarely relaxing for me. Either I'm busy rigging, rebaiting, trying to find the fish.......or on occassions, catching one. When I rig up with a 10/0 gama, 3oz. egg and 8"+ bait and only catch 20" or so channels.......it's a bit frustrating.......but still fun. Channels can make a bait clicker buzz too.

13. One more thing I like that I forgot to mention until it happened again today. I love wading and getting a good foot and leg message from the small fishies.

14. Fish2day

Fish2day member

A calm evening with a beautiful sunset out on Lake Erie. There's just nothing better.

15. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Wow.. that is a seriously hard question to answer because to be honest there is not one part of fishing that I dont enjoy!
    I'd say that the one thing that sticks out in my mind is the whole competition of it. Not with anyone else, just competing with myself to improve my personal bests.
    Another is the educational part of it. I'm what you would call a "Knowledge Hound". I read any and everything I can get my hands on regarding fishing/tackle/techniques, etc...I guess I'm just one of those people who are not content just knowing "What" something is... I have to know "Why" it is the way it is :D
    I can tell you that I am happiest when I am out on the boat with my fishing rod in hand. The sights, the smells, the sounds, the anticipation.. wow.. does it get any better than that???? :)