Ohio Game Fishing banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Yeah Kenny, where you gettin the gyro brats at? Making me hungry! The heck with fishin, I‘lol come up and help eat some anytime! Heinen’s?

·
Registered
919 Posts
I have friends that have the very same issue, many of us that don’t have these type issues take for granted a stable bodily function we aren’t even aware of. I like to filet and cook fish on the ice if I’m going to be out all day, I will also bring a few eggs and some hashed browns To go with it. I have two great little pack stoves and take two 8” SS pans and some butter, garlic, salt, and pepper. Boom, lunch.
Guys where getting popped for cleaning and eating walleye on lake Erie. Just a FYI

·
Bud n Burgers
2,569 Posts
I have not cooked fish on Erie but I did ask a Warden while he ticketed me for a short fish at crane Creek years back (Walleye was 15-1/4" live and deep hooked so I kept him, but just under 15" six hours later and frozen solid. I was pissed and shocked that he ticked me) and he said as long as it was for "immediate consumption" and I kept the carcass there "shouldn't be a problem". If you read in the regs though it is vague as the 'immediate consumption' clause is in a sentence that follows the 'fish must be kept whole' rule. I have cooked fresh caught fish on the ice in Michigan, Minnesota, and North Dakota in the past and always retained the carcass in case there was ever a question and not had an issue. Only once ever have I even seen anyone while I was cooking and it was a guide in on LOTW in Minnesota that stopped by my shack to see how I was doing and he ate half my food so I would call him a supporter of the practice.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Food goes in...something's gotta come out...so I don't eat while out, otherwise I'll need to drop the drawers and do a #2...sip on coffee and maybe eat a couple of pretzel rods.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Coffee don't make you poop??..sure does me...and I don't mean the shlts, it just speeds the metabolism up...

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Coffee don't make you poop??..sure does me...and I don't mean the shlts, it just speeds the metabolism up...
It will speed up the process, but is not necessary...the whole process is generally done before I walk out the door in the morning. I know...Too Much :poop: Info.

I'd love to eat those nice meals, etc. out on the ice (or in the boat), but it's just not worth it...I'll often pack something for ride home, or just wait until I get home for good meal.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Nowicki’s Alpena Michigan
Lol, I’ve looked at planning an ice trip to the area…..just to get some of those brats. Do you know if they offer lunch in the winter? I’ve never been within an hours drive of Alpena, and not stopped in. Potato is my favorite.

I've never ordered online, but here is the link:

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Country smokehouse has pretty good brats they are closer also I think nowickis now have a store in Gaylord I believe google nowicki’s Gaylord Michigan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
It will speed up the process, but is not necessary...the whole process is generally done before I walk out the door in the morning. I know...Too Much :poop: Info.

I'd love to eat those nice meals, etc. out on the ice (or in the boat), but it's just not worth it...I'll often pack something for ride home, or just wait until I get home for good meal.
Me too, but I get a double whammy every now and again.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I make up some breakfast burritos with egg, cheese and jimmy dean sausage crumbles.
And a little salsa. Put ingredients in a small tortilla and wrap in foil. Go right on the buddy heater.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts