Ohio Game Fishing banner

Whats Yer Favorite color Yum(or other plastics)?

845 views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  heyjay 
#1 ·
for me lately .... green pumpkin with the black fleck has been pretty productive.... i picked up some in watermelon red flake, junebug and mardi gras colors today... hopefully the rain stops so i can try them out

how about everyone else?

#8 ·
I read an article on lure color recently and it was great. It said that below 20 foot deep lure are either dark or light so it doesn't matter what color flake.

My colors are watermelon, green pumpkin, and purple.

#9 ·
I mostly fish rivers. When the water is high (and thus extra muddy) I prefer opaque fluorescent green or opaque fluorescent orange (I figure the fish need extra help seeing). When the water is average level (and thus average murkiness) I like transparent chartruese with glitter, yellow, or white. If the water is low (and thus clearer than average) I use the same colors as when its average. In addition to the above I like black from about an hour before the sun sets until when it sets and after. I will also use darker greens as it is getting dark. I use other colors too, but those are my generalizations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.