close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What's worse??

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fshnteachr, Aug 1, 2007.

1. fshnteachr

fshnteachr Lovin' the Outdoors

I know the big debate has been posting specifically where we fish. I think it may be worse posting what we use! Three stores tonight and none had my light brown Rebel Teeny Craws!!! lol

(This post was meant as fun, I am just kidding --- lol)

2. Treebass227

Treebass227 Proud Member

I've always heard that you can tell what they're biting on by what is out of stock. I can never find what I'm after at Dick's, so I make the journey to BPS.

Light brown Rebel craw, huh? Thats a juicy tidbit. I better get me some of them.;)

3. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

its funny you mentioned this, i remember last year running into some guys at the river with bigcatsteve and we asked him what he was using for bait. cuz they were catching some nice fish, the guy replied in a very smart a@# voice. " Fly Guts.." After fighting the urge to throw him in the river we went on to fish. After catching a couple the guys walked over and asked what we were using. We told him something i cant repeat. lol:p :D

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Man, if I was there w/ you guys, we could have had some fun w/ that one!

5. Red The Fisherman

Red The Fisherman River Rambler

Can you tell me specifically which store you usually buy those at? LOL!

6. You can never go wrong trolling a toaster connected to a car battery. I seem to "catch" tons of fish this way.

Jake

7. fshnteachr

using leftover pizza from last night's dinner works best for smallmouth!! No need for any of you to go to Dick's, Wal Mart, BPS, etc.. Just save those pepperoni. :)

8. Slabs!

Slabs! Multispecies Journeyman

I agree, the rebel craws work great, even though I didn't catch one single fish on the one I was using the other day. All 6 of my smallies, one going 18", two at 12", came off a Bomber Model A, craw pattern. Dark brown with orange on the belly. Funny that the Rebel craw was same size and color of the numerous craws scattering in the water and my bomber was twice as dark. Also saw quite a few craws with a blue tint to their backs. Didn't have anything to match the blue ones.

9. chicken lips, frog wings and worm liver.

10. no offense to anyone, but i think its funny how eveyone thinks rebel craws imitate crayfish, crayfish stick to the bottom and they are slow, like a tube, when bass eat rebel craws they are keying on minnows, i would bet money a white rebel craw would catch as many fish as a brown one, so if your favorite bait is gone from the rack, remember that fish are stupid and almost anything will catch em ;)

11. cantsleep

cantsleep 3rd shift blues

Well, those "stupid" fish have been totally ignoring me lately.
    I guess I'm the stupid one!

12. fshnteachr

I don't care if the rebel craw is imitating a pregnant bull frog dressed as santa clause! It catches me fish! I love it. :)

13. Slabs!

Slabs! Multispecies Journeyman

Well said fishing...............Hmmmm kinda funny that I can usually feel my Rebel craw scooting across the bottom. I don't know, maybe it's just me, my presentation/retrieve, or the type of water I'm targeting. It must be imitating a bottom feeding minnow! Hahaha! I can tell you that I have thrown Rapala's (originals), which definitely imitate minnows, and they usually don't catch as many fish. Like I said, the other day, the Rebel caught no fish and the Bomber A caught 8. You're probably right though. Don't use the Rebel Craw.....it doesn't catch fish, especially smallies or rockbass. They hate it!! :D

14. I inherited a whole tackle box full of Hedden River Runts from my father. Over the years, I've caught northern pike, walleye , saugeye, smallmouth, and largemouth on them and just wish Hedden still made them. If you have never seen them, they are small and have a lot of action, like the rappalla or wee-craw. I also love the old Hedden Pikey Minnows (jointed minnow that looks a lot like a rappalla) for walleye and saugeye.

15. im not sayin a rebel craw cant imitate a craw or that its not a good bait, im just basically sayin that fish mostly just eat things simply because they move and catch their attention, not because they are a certain target prey