Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
"I'll get the net"
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Headed in to Conneaut harbor today and ambulances and fireman were there blocking the ramp. I was told that three people were floating with life vest on for over twenty hours and then here comes this 196 starcraft zipping in to the dock area with them aboard his boat. They looked pretty out of it and the one did not look good at all and was taken away in the ambulance. Good job getting them in there today to the guy and lady in the 196. My buddie Adam "Nicklesman" calls me a few minutes later and asked if I heard of a boat going down in Bula and I told him they just brought them into conny. He informed me that he just rescued three other people in bula that boat sunk also. Be careful out there guys! Nice work Adam,have a nice week of vacation. It started with a bang. Good job again.:C

·
Eat-Fish-Hunt
1,624 Posts
Kuddo's to those who rescued them. WOW! I alway's try to pay attention to what's out there cause you just never know...even though most of the time it's balloon's.Hope all end's well.

·
Registered
64 Posts
We were over in Bula,and heard the call in to snug harbor telling them to get an ambulance there, they were bringing 3 persons in that had been in the water for 24 hours. They are lucky to be alive, its a wonder hypothermia didn't take there lives. Great Job to whoever noticed them, and got them in !! Hope they all pull through it to fish another day.

·
Dough Boy
1,866 Posts
Wow what a day. Thank god I went to move when I did. The three in the water were rescued safely and everybody was unharmed. I do have a complaint though on my in with them I heard a boat on the radio calling for a tow. I had three drenched boaters aboard who were my main priority. I returned them to my dock. Got them in my truck drove them to lakeshore park and then returned to my dock and headed up river. I reached the lift bridge flipped on the radio and the guy is still wanting a tow. I got his numbers and headed to him and gave him a tow. Please guys help these people out. This guy was stranded for 2.5 hrs. His distress flag was hung high on his antenna too. I know with all the boats somebody seen this guy. That's all good fishing guys and please remember to help out others it could be you one day.

Sent from my XT907 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
"I'll get the net"
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice work Adam. Hope u got to fish some after spending half the day doing that.

·
Dough Boy
1,866 Posts
I was spent went back out got my two buddies there 60 perch and called it a day. It was a long day.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Great Job Nicklesman !! Hats off to someone willing to give a hand. I didn't hear the ones going in in Bula. I did see a boat come in as we were ready to launch that was very, very low in the water, looked like they forgot there plug, I don't know, they were in a hurry to get to the dock though.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Nice work out there...I've been towed, towed others in, but never pulled any one out of the water...you do both and then still get your friends their limit of perch...karma will pay you back in spades...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Dough Boy
1,866 Posts
Great Job Nicklesman !! Hats off to someone willing to give a hand. I didn't hear the ones going in in Bula. I did see a boat come in as we were ready to launch that was very, very low in the water, looked like they forgot there plug, I don't know, they were in a hurry to get to the dock though.
It was a small aluminum boat. No radio. It really had no business on the lake today. It was gone in minutes I was able to see it and get to the people within minutes of this happening. I felt very sorry for them they were clearly shook up. I think they leaned a valuable lesson. Thank god it happened how it did though.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I stopped on my way in this morning there was a distress flag by the perch pack. Stopped and checked on them they said had someone coming he said my boat was to small. I told him it was 300 hp they were OK waiting..

I'm hope everyone made it off the lake safe. The was a 14 ft boat Saturday at the 11 line drifting some people don't think things through.....

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Great job Adam,you did awesome...I am so glad there are good people out there that others can count on.Anything can happen out there anytime.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Wow glad they made it out OK. There was a 14 footer anchored out in the perch pack about 8 miles north of Conny today, and it was a rough ride out, much more than the 1-3's forecasted. Neither of the guys in there had a life jacket on either,

Granted, ANYONE can get into trouble, but you just don't invite it in. I don't know what goes through some people's heads.

·
"I'll get the net"
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I stopped on my way in this morning there was a distress flag by the perch pack. Stopped and checked on them they said had someone coming he said my boat was to small. I told him it was 300 hp they were OK waiting..

I'm hope everyone made it off the lake safe. The was a 14 ft boat Saturday at the 11 line drifting some people don't think things through.....

Mike,I think that little boat of yours would have done the job!:)

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Wow glad they made it out OK. There was a 14 footer anchored out in the perch pack about 8 miles north of Conny today, and it was a rough ride out, much more than the 1-3's forecasted. Neither of the guys in there had a life jacket on either,

Granted, ANYONE can get into trouble, but you just don't invite it in. I don't know what goes through some people's heads.
I would call it 2-3 footers 10 miles offshore with a south wind earlier in the morning from 0700 to 1030. I thought NOAA was right on the money. NWS and Iwindsurf especially, were off.

I also towed a couple boats this year. One just a few feet from hitting the rocks at Geneva, and one only 10 feet off the beach at Conny. Seems like there has been a lot of this kind of thing going on this year.

·
"I'll get the net"
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would call it 2-3 footers 10 miles offshore with a south wind earlier in the morning from 0700 to 1030. I thought NOAA was right on the money. NWS and Iwindsurf especially, were off.

I also towed a couple boats this year. One just a few feet from hitting the rocks at Geneva, and one only 10 feet off the beach at Conny. Seems like there has been a lot of this kind of thing going on this year.
Workdog nice job on the fish this week.

·
Dough Boy
1,866 Posts

Lol he said a small bass boat stopped and offered assistance no idea it was you. That is a 300 not 30 lol:D

·
Registered
966 Posts
I saw several smaller boats coming in at 8:00 complaining of how rough it was, but not one had a life jacket on and all were soaked from spray. Ran out about 6 miles and there were some really small boats (14'-16') and I knew someone would be going down with the way the waves were and the shallow draft on the boats. Glad everyone got rescued.

I would bet that most do not have a VHF radio and flares either. I know things happen but some people have no clue.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I was just getting out when I heard the radio traffic to those who sank and to nicholes who had the thoughts to rescue the stranded boater. I felt just like this guy did a few weeks ago when nobody would cone get me!!! I even had boat US (which is useless from mentor to connie) US Coast guard had to come get me. None the less props to those who believe in what goes around comes around. Thanks to guys like you, you know who you are!! Nicholes solid day bro beer on me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
5,997 Posts
Kudos to those that help and prayers for them that don't. Another reason I hate to see members saying its safe to take something 18 foot or less out. Most are newbies to erie who could sink a 23 ft in the right weather. I believe its experience not the boat that makes any one safe. They also rescued three around 72 nd street im told. Not sure if boating or swimming. Also heard one died today. Prayers going out for all!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts