close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

whats up with gas prices in Port Clinton area?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by boatnut, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Came up thursday to find the local walmart fuel center closed in Port Clinton and gas prices at least 20 to 30 cents higher then 20 miles south. Even fox haven marina gas in west harbor was a few cents cheaper then on the highway!

2. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

Usually prices go up at the start of the weekend. There was a $0.25 drop from Thursday to Friday of last week. Gas is now currenlty $2.78 to $2.84 in the area.

3. it's not in marblehead/port clinton. 3.09 at speedway and bp :(

4. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Are you saying it's closed as in "Out of Business"...??? That thing is less then two years old....wow. :confused:

5. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

My buddy Jim told me Sunday that the marina at Wild Wings was $3.48!

6. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

The Wal-Mart moved west of the old location. Maybe he is unaware that the Wal-Mart changed locations, maybe he is talking about the old vacant building where it used to be. I always wondered why they moved that store maybe 2 miles down the road from the original, $$$ to burn I guess :D

7. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

You never know, but my guess is they moved for better tax rates. Two miles might have been all that was needed over there.

8. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

No, he means the new one. They closed last week, I don't know why, but they did. Speedway usually is the one that sets the price in town. my Wife runs the Shell on perry street and shes not allowed to change her price until someone else does. I always tell her to be the first to drop it anyways and get all the town business, but she can't. The bottom line is, they got us by the short hairs, and there ain't a thing we can do...they can charge what they want...and they do.:mad: This last price jump was because of all the rain Texas recently got, supposedly, the couldn't get to a refinery and had to shut down for a few days. I call BS!:mad:

9. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

The "Nut" is very aware that the old one closed and relocated futher west on 163.
    The new store is a Supercenter...it seems Walmart has decided to close all the older stores and build these Supercenter in close proximity of the older stores.
    Last year there were 4 new stores that opened in a period of one week in the Cinti. area...! At that rate it'll be one on every corner in a few years. :D
    At least they are/were usually a few pennies less then all the other stations.

10. Rodney,
    i have no clue why they closed the fuel center..if it's just for this particular store or if walmart is getting out of the fuel biz all together. Hope not because they always had reasonable diesel fuel prices.

11. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

We got some great deals there when they went out. everything 4 a Quarter 2days B4 close. everthing 4 a dime 1 day until close (except cigs) even chew was a Q. we got everything from tabacco products to gloves to food-good times. The reason the prices r high in PC i b/c walmart is gone they keep every one down! They closed this 1 b/c it only did biz in the summer and not winter and they closed 48 in the us

12. joe01

joe01 Functional Fisherman

you can get gas in cleveland on west14 st & clark for 2.60 at bp. if you go to clark and scranton it 2.59