Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hard Core Fishing Fool!
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried for a couple of hours Fri. morning. I talked to a guy that said he hasn't found any to speak of in 3 or 4 weeks. I went further up stream and hit a nice 12 incher within 6 casts. I thought it was on. Then about 5 casts later got a 13 inch saugeye. After that all I got was a couple of little smallies. Anybody done any good at all?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Basskisser, We went yesterday to what's normally a great White Bass area and I fished all over that area without a single White Bass hitting. Never saw anyone else catch one either. Cat fish were hitting great, and I also caught some. The Smallies were jumping like crazy and I caught one of those, but no White Bass! The weather has changed things a bit.

·
Registered
533 Posts
went down there yesterday for about an hour and caught 11. They're in there, just not stacked up and you have to work for them. All were males too.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I went 5-6 and caught 1 white and about 20 crappie behind middle piller under the bridge by shooting range. fished up and down creek and nothing else.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My husband and I went Mon and Tues and caught about 20 each; each day.
There were a lot of other people their catching white bass also. So I would say that they are on the run, so to speak. We were catching them on roostertails and live minnows.
We were catching them in the creek part that feeds the main lake; off of 207 before you get to Pancoastburg and Mary's Bait Shop.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Went last night and lots of people around. Went to one of my holes and only got 2 large males, 7 small mouth's, and one nice shad in about an hour. It's also amazing how much garbage people throw around there so fast. Makes me sick. Picked up another bag last night. I encourage all to do the same around there. Let's keep it clean!

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
My Son and I were below the dam Monday night and people were catching a few but nothing to brag about, biggest one I seen caught might have been 8" and alot of trash as was mentioned in a earlier post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts