Whats the word out there?

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by ggrem, Jan 24, 2008.

1. ggrem

ggrem OGF Member

I know that guys have been out on Mosquito. So how is the bite out there? I have two more days till I can get out there and its killing me. Someone tell me that you guys are catching them up there.....................

2. My son has been on there the past two evenings and has yet to ice a fish. He fishes only walleye and "rolled one" night before last. That's it. Maybe he's not fishing the right areas-just some that have produced in the past.(east side rt. 305 area).

3. iwdavefish

iwdavefish Fishin' Fanatic

Just came from Mosquito. There were about a dozen guys off the rt. 305 access and no one was catching much. Drove up to the causeway and it was much the same. Stopped at the baitshop and bought a soda. They said some crappies and a few dink walleyes had been caught. It always seems to take a few days before folks start locating fish. Most people I talked to reported around four inches of ice. I'm planning on hitting it this afternoon and will post after.

4. ggrem

ggrem OGF Member

They have to eat sometime!!!! I just hope that I am there when they decide to put the feed on. Things will heat up, just give it a little time. Maybe this 2 day warm spell will kick them into gear.

5. ggrem

ggrem OGF Member

Hit Mosquito on 1-26-08 and caught 3 tiny walleyes. The bite was horrible. Saw alot of guys out there both down south and up north. Noticed that most guys were moving around alot. Its has to get better than this...............