Ohio Game Fishing banner

81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
9,318 Posts
I was going to say me! My knees sure let me know about every time I go out.

Reactions: Upland

·
Registered
238 Posts
Mine is not related to fishing or hunting, but this was my Great Grandfathers who served in WWI in the Battle of Belleau Wood and survived. He showed me a few things that all young men should learn and gave me this beauty. It works like a hammer and sometimes has been! ..lol..

·
florida ice fishing
13,963 Posts
I like when these "old" threads get a second wind and this is a good one.
I have one of the vintage eagle claw feather-lite spin rods I still use on the rare occasion I put the flyrod down. It was my dad's and one of the first spinners I can remember using. I'm not sure when production started but it must be over 50 yrs old ? ?
View attachment 458998
Not fishing related but I also love to use my dad's old L.C.Smith 20 ga on special occasions.
Take care and enjoy the vintage equipment.
Good luck and good fishing
I believe the eagle claw featherlight was 1st released in 86. I still have one of the 1st ones then a couple more old ones, then about 8 of the new ones. I love using them. they are bulletproof if the drag is set. I've caught everything from creek minnows to lake Erie walleye and big sheepshead on them.

·
Banned
977 Posts
Now the real thing. A Krieghoff model 32 28 in. 4 Barrel set 12/20/28 and 410 for skeet made in 1964. with extra barrels in,32 in 12 with money maker rib for trap singles and doubles, 30 in Baker barrel for sporting clays. Bruce

·
9,318 Posts
Now the real thing. A Krieghoff model 32 28 in. 4 Barrel set 12/20/28 and 410 for skeet made in 1964. with extra barrels in,32 in 12 with money maker rib for trap singles and doubles, 30 in Baker barrel for sporting clays. Bruce
Nice! My buddy has a Remington Model 1896, 12Ga. SxS that was built in 1903. Damascus steel barrels, and the thing is a work of art! The fit and finish are incredible. Even at 117 years old, you open that gun and there is zero wobble to those barrels! He has to buy special low power shells to keep from blowing them up, but they still whack the crap out of pheasants!

I know Krieghoff's are built like bank safes. One time someone started a thread here titled "Krieghoff vs Perazzi". Unfamiliar with those names at the time, I thought they might be referencing the latest UFC title fight until I looked at it.

Reactions: sherman51

·
Banned
977 Posts
Perazzi owners call Krieghoff"sas fence post at 8 lb 7 oz. I say Lets shoot. Bruce

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
my hunting knife from the 40s, my 86 crestliner w/ 90 hp same year and trailer. my 99 s10 to pull it, and my 69 yr old butt, a shimano speed caster from the 70s. and a coleman lantern from way back. hahahaha

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
My 64 year old spare tire that I carry around.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
9,318 Posts
Perazzi owners call Krieghoff"sas fence post at 8 lb 7 oz. I say Lets shoot. Bruce
I've gone out to the trap shoots at my club a few times, usually just to warm up for pheasant season. See some mighty nice hardware out there, but no Krieghoffs or Perazzis. At least as far as I can tell. Some of those guys get mighty nervous if you get too close to their guns!

·
Banned
977 Posts
You can pick mine up and shoot it if you ask.
I've gone out to the trap shoots at my club a few times, usually just to warm up for pheasant season. See some mighty nice hardware out there, but no Krieghoffs or Perazzis. At least as far as I can tell. Some of those guys get mighty nervous if you get too close to their guns!

·
The end is near
6,506 Posts
While not mine, my MIL is still using a Whirlpool washing machine she bought in the mid 70's. Made by General Motors, the agitator looks like a Christmas Tree and instead of going back and forth, it goes up and down.
She also has a turquoise in color Electrolux vacuum that I replaced the motor in for her. Oh, and a new hose. The old one was fabric and losing suction.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
My 1963 Rapala fillet knives, and Mitchell 300,408,300c reels. My grafathers 1919 clothing shears, he was a Tailor and Sail maker. I tried to use these shears to cut up denim. I failed at almost every attempt, only to find out later, that these are designed for cutting layers of thick cloth. I kept trying to sharpen them and finally took them to a tailor. And that's where I learned about them. He did sharpen them, and asked if I was interested in selling them. I told him about my Grandfather and he understood.

·
Registered
463 Posts
86 starcraft 210 mariner center console rebuilt it by myself, have had it out 18-20 miles off bula a number of times the last few years
. A ruger M77 (7mm mag) i bought when I was 15 wow that was 43 years ago.. still was good enough to drop a doe in her tracks 200 yds away yesterday

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Those Ruger model 77's are great. I have 30-06 I bought in 1980. I have taken well over 7 different animals with it. And two were right around 400 yards. I only shoot hand loads.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Due to health I have not been fishing so not currently using anything but I do have a pocket fisherman in my truck that has never been out of the box. Us kids bought it for my dad when they first came out and he carried it around in his truck for many years and I have had it in mine since he passed away 24 years ago. I still remember the comercial for them.

81 - 100 of 101 Posts