Ohio Game Fishing banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
My father had that same boat. Got out a ton on Erie and inland with it.
It's a nice little boat, I like the set up. There is a lot of room. I fish Erie almost exclusively with it. I like that I can take it into marinas and inland areas. I had a 22 foot trophy and actually downsized to this. I know, I'm crazy lol

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I also use my true temper button under spin when I'm feeling nostalgic... It was my grandpas, don't know how old it is, but still a decent combo and the 1st rod that was mine.

·
Off the beaten path
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I also use my true temper button under spin when I'm feeling nostalgic... It was my grandpas, don't know how old it is, but still a decent combo and the 1st rod that was mine.
Aren't those worth some $$$$$

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I've never looked it up... It's by far from flawless condition. I guess at one point they were a very good selling and liked combo... But once you go Pfluger Supreme, it's tough to go back to the old stuff.
Now I just fish with it at times to remember my grandpa... It does a good job:)

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I've never looked it up... It's by far from flawless condition. I guess at one point they were a very good selling and liked combo... But once you go Pfluger Supreme, it's tough to go back to the old stuff.
Now I just fish with it at times to remember my grandpa... It does a good job:)
When I was 18 in 1975 I helped a farmer out with some work. He let me rabbit hunt on his land with my single shot crack down. He said I need a better shooter & he gave me a JC Higgins 12 gauge pump. I think Sears made them. It was a killing machine & I still use it today for small game even though I have a newer remington 870. Back in the day I use to clean up at turkey shoots with the full choke screwed in. Still shoots like a dream !

·
Registered
367 Posts
the oldest thing i use is my ambassador 5000c and a ugly stick from 1971 but i have old mitchels the made in france ones a 306 308 and 2 300s and a martin automatic fly real from the 1940s old pfleuger from the 60s a unispin 5 peice with case never usedwas thinking about selling some of the stuff i have i even have a lure that was bought at the sporting goods department at higgbes that has to be from the 50s

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
My old Townsend Fish skinner, which I purchased with high school graduation money in 1964 at Russ Bordner's Sporting Goods in Wadsworth. That baby is 56 years old & still going strong. Skins panfish like nothing else! Younger fishermen still marvel at it & my Grandkids love using it.

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
I have many old Heddon River Runts I still very regularly. I also have a couple old Mitchell 300’s paired with South Bend Black Beauty Walleye special rods. These were from my uncle that passed away many years ago. Pretty sure the reels are from early 60’s, not sure about the rods. I use these at least 5-6 times per year.

·
florida ice fishing
13,830 Posts
I have an eagle claw feather light rod that is still used by my granddaughter and myself that has got to be 35 to 40 yrs old. i have a few of these but that one is the oldest. i have some old Shimano 250 and 300 baitrunners that I still use but I bought them used off ebay. i use them for all my spinning reel fishing. these were only produced for a few yrs starting in the mid 80's. they still make the larger models. i have 2 boats that I still use that's 35+ yrs old. one of the boats is like an 82 with an 82 115 hp mercury tower of power.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Another victim of the “ old thread “ ....but no harm, good topic :)
I have a zebco 33 that’s been around for ever...
my dad’s Ithaca 37 he bought when discharged after Korea....still have the price tag with it!
....THAT gun has taken a lot of game

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Ohiotuber am now trying to remember where that store was located. I remember where the old five & dime was and the old theatre and such were, but am having trouble placing it.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Another victim of the “ old thread “ ....but no harm, good topic :)
I like when these "old" threads get a second wind and this is a good one.
I have one of the vintage eagle claw feather-lite spin rods I still use on the rare occasion I put the flyrod down. It was my dad's and one of the first spinners I can remember using. I'm not sure when production started but it must be over 50 yrs old ? ?

Not fishing related but I also love to use my dad's old L.C.Smith 20 ga on special occasions.
Take care and enjoy the vintage equipment.
Good luck and good fishing

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Ohiotuber am now trying to remember where that store was located. I remember where the old five & dime was and the old theatre and such were, but am having trouble placing it.
It was on the southwest corner of Rainbow & Main on the south end. Half was a carryout & 1/2 sporting goods. I lived on Water Street less than 1/4 mile away & spent many rainy day summer hours visiting with & learning from Russ Bordner & Larry Dean in that store. GREAT memories!
Mike

·
Registered
695 Posts
I don’t have much fishing equipment that is old. However, I do have a Sears table saw that is from the mid 1960’s that my uncle left me when he passed.

I’ve never had an issue with you, well other than it weighing about 150 lbs....

61 - 80 of 94 Posts