Ohio Game Fishing banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Old stuff... where do you start? I tow with a 1981 GMC pickup sometimes.. I sure I have a bunch of jigs, spoons and plastics that were bought in the beginning. (late 60's, early 70's) Right after I purchased my first boat I bought a lure retriever, that has paid for many, many lures over the years. It was surely one of the best long term investments. Then there would by my multitool. The stories it could tell....

·
Registered
476 Posts
My 1955 Lone Star aluminum row boat.
Also have a 1955 Merc Mark55 and a 1968 Starcraft Sportsman.
Wifey has a 1972 Montgomery Wards canoe.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts

Fenwick glass and Pflueger reels. I have several models all from the late 60's/ early 70's...and always looking for more.

·
Catchin eyes
597 Posts
When my grandpa passed a way several years back I got to pick a bunch of his old lures to take. We just got some of the leftovers appraised and WOW I had no idea what they're worth. But no amount of money is worth years of catching bass on his old lures. Pretty sure that's the way he would want it.

And of course my fishing partner, my old man @T-180 but he still works usually

·
Registered
510 Posts
1951 Merc 5hp, 1957 Johnson 7 1/2 and a 1977 Foremost aluminum 14' row boat. I have one of the early Berkley Lightning rods that I still use all the time, my son was a toddler when I got it and he is 35 now. Time just keeps on flying.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ditto on the Mitchell reels. I have two 300s from the mid 60s that i still use regularly. One was my grandfather's and the other was my first reel. I'm surprised they have lasted this long, but there is no reason to replace them. I would rather use them than stick them on a shelf.

·
Off the beaten path
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Ditto on the Mitchell reels. I have two 300s from the mid 60s that i still use regularly. One was my grandfather's and the other was my first reel. I'm surprised they have lasted this long, but there is no reason to replace them. I would rather use them than stick them on a shelf.
Love my 308's. I still use them quite a bit. Just with they had an antireverse without the clicker

·
Registered
300 Posts
94 Tracker . Still runs like a top. It's a little small, but it gets the job done.
I still use my Zebco 202 & 404 from early 50's on K-Mart rods for channel catfishing. 1968 Meyers 12' aluminum boat with a 1955 Johnson 10 hp. 202's were $1.99 and the 404's were $2.99 including the line back then. Bought the boat new for $150 + $6 tax which was 4% back then. Bought the motor used soon after for $50. Also have a Lowrance Little Green Box that I don't use anymore but still worked last time I checked it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
After walking through a local sporting goods store this morning I got to thinking. Been hearing a lot about "ya gotta have this or that". Just wondering what the oldest piece of equipment is that you are using on a regular basis. For me I have two mitchell 308's that can usually be found with me when kayak fishing the river. They are at least 30 years old. They have both been overhauled recently but they got some miles on them.
ME !!!!!!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
After walking through a local sporting goods store this morning I got to thinking. Been hearing a lot about "ya gotta have this or that". Just wondering what the oldest piece of equipment is that you are using on a regular basis. For me I have two mitchell 308's that can usually be found with me when kayak fishing the river. They are at least 30 years old. They have both been overhauled recently but they got some miles on them.
I have a South Bend flyrod I bought in 1956 and it still works great.

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
I have a diawa BG13 I still use a couple times a year. My uncle gave it to me 20 yearsago. I was my first "quality" spinning reel. I use it mainly for titelining and saltwater fishing.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts