Ohio Game Fishing banner

21 - 40 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Probably the two steel rods 4 ft. . I still use them when trolling with
dipsies for spits and giggles on a slow day. WOW!!! when they get a
hit friends onboard usually start laughing. Probably early fifties. I added new EVA grips and a light coat of paint and straighten out it guides
and good to go.

Gene

·
Registered
806 Posts
I have Several 308's and the UL Garcia poles that I got in the 1960's bought them with my allowance money. That took awhile to save for back then.

·
Catcher of Fish
2,813 Posts
My perchin' rods are 80's vintage (I think) Berkley Lightning rods ,
I have a 70's era Tru Temper Uni-spin I may break out for perching this year.

·
Shore Bound
181 Posts
I have a Quantum spinning reel that's close to 30 years old, and use it on a panfish rod.

That reel has taught my Wife, younger Brother, Daughter, Son In Law, and Nephew how to cast spinning gear. Grandson is 2 1/2 years old, I'm sure he'll learn with it as well.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Mine is a 1974 14 ' starcraft. Had to break down and get a new motor a few years back but the boat is still solid. For being Aluminum it is very heavy. They don't make them like that now days.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
My Grandpa Bert had a very nice assortment of Heddon lures in his old tackle box that made many trips up to Minnesota & Ontario. He must have really liked the old 'Basser' plugs because there were several brand new ones along with some that he custom painted. I throw them every year & think about how Grandpa must have enjoyed them back in the 40' s & 50's.....good stuff.

·
Off the beaten path
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
i still havea pack of old creme worms in my tackle bag that i swear I'll use one day

·
We need a bigger boat!
19 Posts
Grandpa's Penn Reel I use for trolling. Don't know how old but it at least says made in USA on the original box. Couple other rods and reels of his too. He bought the good stuff before most of it came from China.

·
Fish fire food friends family
1,619 Posts
Heres my oldest piece of equipment that I use. Bottom line fishin' buddy 1101. Its got 3 buttons and has a light feature! She gives me depth and beeps when fish are under boat...shoot it works for me lol. My guess its about 20-25 years old. I got it from my dad years ago...we used it back in the day on mosquito every fathers day fishing for eyes. I'll have it till my number is up.

Attachments

·
Get the net!
566 Posts
Oldest thing I use is my dad's fishing rod, from the 70s not sure what brand as it doesn't say but had a green cardinal reel on it so maybe a zebco, it's a pretty strong rod medium heavy action steel reel seat and steel guides maroon with white stripes and a couple of my repairs on guides
Then my 1310MG quantum reel I got 20 years ago, first baitcaster I ever got, cant believe it still works after all those birds nests

·
Registered
468 Posts
After walking through a local sporting goods store this morning I got to thinking. Been hearing a lot about "ya gotta have this or that". Just wondering what the oldest piece of equipment is that you are using on a regular basis. For me I have two mitchell 308's that can usually be found with me when kayak fishing the river. They are at least 30 years old. They have both been overhauled recently but they got some miles on them.
My body.

21 - 40 of 92 Posts