Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Off the beaten path
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After walking through a local sporting goods store this morning I got to thinking. Been hearing a lot about "ya gotta have this or that". Just wondering what the oldest piece of equipment is that you are using on a regular basis. For me I have two mitchell 308's that can usually be found with me when kayak fishing the river. They are at least 30 years old. They have both been overhauled recently but they got some miles on them.

·
Banned
716 Posts
I have an ancient Pflueger baitcaster on a matching steel rod but I don't use it. I do use an old Zebco 303 on a fiberglass rod. I used it on Erie back in the Erie Deerie craze. My friends thought it hilarious but I limited out.

·
Off the beaten path
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Zebco 303. One of the best bottom fishing reels ever.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have two old pfleuger supreme bait casters that my father had in the 60's, that i still use. Not real sure how old they are, but they still cast good and work great.

·
Off the beaten path
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Forgot about my Coleman Lantern. Mines at least from the 70's.

Great Stuff here. Keep it oming

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
My boat and trailer are from 1958. Had the 58 motor till last year. Still ran but I didn't use it anymore so sold it.

·
catchin my own bait since 1957
1,072 Posts
I have a Mitchell 300 on a Conlon fiberglass rod that was one of the nicer combos back in the day, probably early to mid 60's, remember saving up to buy it when I was still in HS ... also a I think a 308 on a light firebglass rod from the same time, they were my babies for many years, I still use the 300 combo occasionally but the 308 has a cracked spool ... also have a couple tackle boxes from my grandfather that I use for storage for extra gear, they are way older than me, so probably late 40's or even pre-war for those, and I have the first tackle box I ever got, my gramps bought it for me when I was 8 or 9 so late 50's / early 60's ...

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I have a 7' St. Croix Tidemaster Inshore that I bought in '97 for $20 at a flea market. It was the first St.Croix rod i had owned, I now own many though because of this rod. It still gets used extensively and still going strong after almost 20 years. I think I got my $20 worth out of it.

·
Banned
1,419 Posts
I still sometimes use my Garcia ABU 170 Spincasting reel from the early 60's. And some of the plugs I still use are the old Creek Chubs from the 30's.

Roscoe

1 - 20 of 90 Posts