close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Whats the easiest way to downsize pics?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hardwaterfan, Aug 1, 2004.

1. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

I tried to find a simple way to explain how to downsize pics for Rich's question, but found that there really wasnt one.

I have ACDSee and Corel Photo House on my computer and when i want to resize a pic file, I have to make some change to the pic, however slight, and then resave the pic, and select close to "best compression" on that little scale between "best compression" and "best quality" and hope that it comes out near a file size that i want (for this site, 39 kb)

Seems like they should have an option that says "Target Filesize" and you can just enter 39kb or whatever you want and they should make it come out to that!

Does anyone know of an easier way, am i missing something here? I have had a computer for 2 and a half years now, dig. cam for about 2, always wanting to learn new tricks.

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I use a free photo editor called irfanview, very easy to use..Just put in the size of the pic that you want and it doe the rest...Click on the below link to download it free.

http://www.irfanview.com/

3. THANKS...
    I'll give it a try...
    I have several, well to many to list and all work well enough

4. Hey Jack...
    I am headed out till fri so if no reply from me you know why...
    I downloaded the program and it works great only thing was it interfeared with my video player and windows media...
    Does it on yours?
    THANKS... Good fishing!!
    Clyde