Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Old Salt
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the limit for yellow perch on Lake Erie?

I called the Division of Natural Recourses twice and got a answer of 30. So you look out if you think the limit is 40.

·
Registered
214 Posts
the odnr made the perch limit a bit more easier to understand when they lifted the 25 fish limit west of the huron river and made it 30 lake wide.

·
Registered
84 Posts
ODW is proposing a change in regulation for next year that would make the perch limit 30 fish/day statewide for next year:

1501:31-13-08 Fish daily bag limits: protected species.

It is proposed that the following changes be made to this rule:

Language will be added to adjust regulations for Killdeer Plains ponds 30 and 33 to match the regulations for Killdeer Reservoir.

The statewide bag limit for yellow perch will be changed from 40 to 30 to match the Lake Erie bag limit and help avoid confusion among anglers.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
someone was trying to tell me there would be a size limit on perch next year. Has anyone heard this or was it a big line of bs?

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
someone was trying to tell me there would be a size limit on perch next year. Has anyone heard this or was it a big line of bs?
Nah...don't see a need for that.

Mark your rod @ 8.5" and keep everything on that line and beyond, remembering that an 8.5" perch will end up being about 8" when you take it out of the cooler to be cleaned.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'd be throwing back dead perch then. In Conny we fish 70 fow for them . They don't make it back down usually
Last year out east I used one of my hi speed spinning reels and BURNED them up. I am not saying it worked all the time but I did notice a difference and very few stomachs were coming out the throat. I think the reel is around 6:1 or better. Unhook them fast and release.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

1 - 12 of 12 Posts