Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
What year are the boat and motor? You can go to NADA guidelines and enter all the info and options that your boat has and it will give you a high and low retail price. Also, a lot depends on the condition of your boat, which doesn't figure in the estimate.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill have to check the title when i get home, they are both late 80's (87-89). I tried that site, but i couldnt find my boat?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I think you may have a hard time getting 3500 for it but I've been wrong before.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
The boat looks decent, but $5,000 is probably high. If its an 89, it's 24 years old at best. And while Stryker may be a nice boat, I doubt if they hold their value all that well.

Just to give you an idea, I have a 1997 Bumble Bee 16' bass boat. When I put it into the NADA site it shows an average retail of $3,300 and a low retail of $2,900. That's with a travel cover, 120 HP motor, 4 blade SS prop, three bank 10 amp per bank on board charger, GPS unit at the helm, and a depth finder at the bow. I love the boat, but the off brands just don't hold their value.

·
Shoot Um' Hook Um'
850 Posts
The boat is probably worth what you are asking for it. The selling point is, you need to find a person who is starting out and looking for a boat they can afford. The other issue is the of size of the boat. 16 foot boats are on the lower scale and 18 and above are more desirable as far as bass guys wanting them. I had a beauty of a Stratos 16.7 and I sold it for 4500. I have seen the same boat listed for 6000 to 7500. I tried my best to get 5000. and no takers. I had a 18 foot bass boat with a bad motor and had calls for weeks after I sold that boat. The 18 foot was a selling point. Just me talking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts