close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What's legal?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ShakeDown, Apr 26, 2004.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I was watching the Citgo Elite 50 Bass Tournament highlights on ESPN2 this weekend, and saw an angler catch a bass crankin, and had it tail hooked (not in the mouth). It was a keeper, which he put in his livewell. He said something to the effect that as long as he's not sight fishing, a tail hooked Bass is legal. I guess I was pretty shocked he was able to keep the fish. Is this a standard rule?

2. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

I thought that the fish always needed to be hooked in the mouth . I believe there is a rule stating that to .

3. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

I believe this is the correct answer.........

4. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Thats very interesting, you'de think they would make it fished hooked in the mouth only. Heck, you'de almost think that would be breaking a state law, unless of course the state allows you to snag sport fish and keep them.

5. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Yeah that threw me off when I saw it. To me, a snag is a snag, whether intentional or not.

6. catking

catking Banned

Don't know about you all, but when I've pulled in a fish that was fouled hooked, even a nice fish, I'm dissapointed , and don't even give myself credit.CATKING !!! :)