whats is up with the rut?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Danshady, Nov 21, 2007.

1. so i have seen a few bucks chasin after does now..but the amount of deer to be seen has vanished..and the scrapes are filling with leaves...so are the bucks layin in bed now with the does, or is it the weather..will it get better next week with the colder weather. ive passed on two does this week and a six pointer so i cant complain too mcuh..but im ready to see some more action!!!

2. I've wondered the same thing. I saw what I considered to be pre-rut activity about 2 weeks ago, but not much since. I do alot of driving all over Central Ohio for work during the day, and a good amount of travel around Alum, Hoover, and Indian at night while fishing. I havn't even seen a good buck for a week and a half. It's been a weird fall. 65 degrees at the end of November, and it's really only been cool for about 3 weeks.

3. In my area (Marysville) the bucks seem to be hooking up with the does pretty well. This means that they aren't out traveling as much and have changed their patterns. The warm temps may have had them moving more at night then usual, but I've seen several nice bucks in the last 3 or 4 days. Keep hunting the does & the bucks will follow.
    Tim